Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does a U notch rear sight work on the same principle as a ghost ring, where the eye and brain work to automatically center the front sight? I’ve (tho rarely) seen old rifles with them, but it seems u could have more space to find the front sight quicke, thus cutting time down a touch in a fast draw/aim and shoot situation. May be worth an experiment on an inexpensive rear sight by gently rounding a square notch a hair; not too difficult with a steady hand and small vice. Anybody have any experience with them?

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
I bought a set of Ameriglo Agents with a U-notch rear sight for my Glock 48. I was unhappy with the sight picture of the stock sights (no space around the front sight) and these were recommended to me. I was apprehensive about the U-notch, but after I installed them, I found that I was indeed able to center the front sight faster. I can't give a technical explanation for why that is, but I like them so much that I put them on my G26 and G42.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
I'm not as familiar with ghost ring sights but installed u-notch rear sight with big white trijicon front sight on a S&W L frame revolver. My point of aim and sight picture, or I guess it's called "point-shooting" has since gotten faster. I find the u-notch makes it quicker for me to align and target in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts