Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No way near as nice as the one in the other thread and I suck at taking pictures. Looks be damned; she is a shooter. :)

Found at the latest poachers (confiscated weapons) auction. 525 bucks out the door. Inland vintage 1943. All original except the sling, pouch, oiler, and there is some debate about the rear sight. Some bobo head ground down the front sight.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Nice buy. Great looking gun with real character. I don't see many M1 carbines in the LGS around here and the few that do show up have asking prices that are much higher than I'm willing to pay given how little I know about them. The new Inland version looks nice too but is right up there at around $1K and I expect the old originals will always have more value. I do like my new AO M1 and for now it does nicely as a good range fun gun. These rifles really are a hoot!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This one is to shoot and it is a straight shooting little biatch. :) Good too about 200 yards. I can't see any further than that. :)

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Congrats. Too bad about the front sight, but still a quality looking gun. Glad to hear it is a nice shooter.

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
Great rifle. Every one of those engravings and marks tells a story.

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
Nice M1 Carbine cannot figure out why the prior dipstick owner grounded down the side guards on your front sight?? My dad had a "Sporterized" M1 Carbine that I found for him years ago. The seller originally had 2 rifles one was original GI M1 carbine that I should have bought. The Sporterized M1 my son currently has yes a good shooter but wow I much prefer the GI stock & sights!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts