Ruger Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,180 Posts
I also had my casing stuck but unlike you I only fired 357 mag are there any answers for that? I always see the blame going to the 38 build up but mine has never been fired and still stuck so bad I have to push them out from the exit side with a pin
What was the ammo? It could be tight chambers or ammo creating over pressure. What did the primers look like?

·
Registered
6 Posts
What was the ammo? It could be tight chambers or ammo creating over pressure. What did the primers look like?
I used two different brands both 357 mag 158 gr jsp magtech was one brand and pmc ammunition both brand new boxes
Primers all appear normal both before and after firing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I used two different brands both 357 mag 158 gr jsp magtech was one brand and pmc ammunition both brand new boxes

·
Registered
153 Posts
Also worth mentioning... make sure when ejecting those empty magnum rounds you really put some oomph on the ejector rod. Don't want to baby it!

·
Registered
903 Posts
I have had an occasional shell either 38 or 357 get stuck in cylinder after firing. Some brands of factory ammo can be very dirty and some can be very hot. The last time I fired Federal brand American Eagle 357 jsp at my indoor range it caused everyone to take notice.hi

21 - 26 of 26 Posts