Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought an uncle mikes kydex model 5416-1 non thumb break paddle holster and in the package it had two nuts with the flat backs and a piece of plastic about an inch wide by 2 inches long it has two holes in it one on either side and i cant figure out what there for anyone know ? the holster was assembled and works great but this is buggin me and now i cant find either.....Ive seen some that look the same but they have a molded piece that you would hit with your middle finger to release but mine is flat

·
Registered
304 Posts
You don't need them. My Uncle Mike's came with that too. It says in the instructions what they're for. I can't remember what it was for now, maybe something about cross-draw or some sort of accessory. I can't remember, I just remember not needing it. If you read the instructions there's a step in there that shows them using that little piece and a note saying you don't need it "unless..."

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i read the instructions and it didnt say any thing....mabey its to add a thumbbreak later on....i wish i would have found the retention holster with the middle finger release like it tho thanks for the reply

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
well just keep them ya will fine a use for them down the road. Heck the other day I bought a generator I have bucket of screws and bolts left over I bet I'll need them on the next item like that I buy lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts