Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anyone be willing to share their experiences w/ the following?

Underwood Ammo

I'm curious, & the price(s) seem almost too good to be true.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I find it hard to beat for the funds on defensive ammo. You may or may not find plinking ammo at a better deal. All Starline brass using quality components.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I've heard they make good 10mm ammo.

·
Registered
621 Posts
10mm is great and most all outperform DoubleTap and Buffalo Bore.

One area that is a little behind is the heavy Magnums but Kevin is working on them.

·
Registered
815 Posts
as stated, if you have a 10mm, they're the place to be. all their ammo is good, but as some have said you can get cheaper ammo elsewhere, but rest assured, their defense loads are top notch.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I should have been more specific in my initial post, as I was questioning its utility as a defensive round, not as plinking ammo. Regardless, I've gotten the info. I sought. Thanks to all who responded!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'd like to know too, becaus etheyhave good prices on an 'off' caliber -- .45 Colt. I like that they box it in 50 rds, but some of it seems almost too hot, even for my Vaquero. Still, quality ammo is worth its weight in paper currency for sure!

·
Banned
4,290 Posts
I'd like to know too, becaus etheyhave good prices on an 'off' caliber -- .45 Colt. I like that they box it in 50 rds, but some of it seems almost too hot, even for my Vaquero. Still, quality ammo is worth its weight in paper currency for sure!
Their ammo and their service is First Class. I've purchased .45Colt, .44 Magnum and .44Special, all FMJ, and been VERY satisfied with the excellent quality.

I also purchased several hundred .45acp, FMJ, 230 gr. reloads loaded to 1000fps. Shot really well but, in my revolvers, I had to frequently clean the cylinders or they would not seat flush. Worked fine in my 1911 though. I wouldn't buy those again but highly recommend their "new" stuff.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Kevin has the 2nd annual big buck special going on now. 5% off and 10% if you send a picture in. If you have the winning buck you get $50 in free ammo.

Might be a good time to give something a whirl from him.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts