Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been a lurker here for a while and I'm hoping I can get somethings cleared up on the Rugers I have. Since I was about ten years old Ruger has been a familiar household name in my family.

That said I have some unusual Rugers I'd like to see what the interest is in the Ruger community and maybe get a level set on current value? My reason is I would like to pass them on to my son at some point and have him get a sense of value in the event he wants or needs to sell them.

Blackhawk 45 acp/ .45 Colt Convertible in STAINLESS SN 45-598xx prodcode KBN-455x (I've never seen this cataloged) Both original boxes (shipping and pretty box) and both cylinders.

Blue Mini 14 in .222 (NOT .223) SN 187-650xx (Supposedly a custom order of 125 pcs. for a Euro delivery that never took place)

Deerslayer .44 mag with original peep sight (not folding) site 751xx

10/22 911xx My first rifle 1960 something :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
The KBN-455X is from a special run sold thru Davidson's in 1993. There were only 77 of these made, thus they are very rare.

Info from RENE Reference of Ruger Firearms, Volume One.

The RENE price guide has them at $700 in "collector condition".

:)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The KBN-455X is from a special run sold thru Davidson's in 1993. There were only 77 of these made, thus they are very rare.

Info from RENE Reference of Ruger Firearms, Volume One.

The RENE price guide has them at $700 in "collector condition".

:)
Seventy Seven? Holy crap! :)

Thank you so much! This one has always troubled me since in all the years I've been going to shows and shops all over the eastern U.S. seaboard it's the only one I've seen or heard about.

Price guides are (IMO) written by guys who don't collect, like the Blue book, dealers use it to beat you down in a trade then sell for a lot more.

I guarantee nobody will get it for anywhere near $700, that is after I'm gone :-0

·
Banned
29,619 Posts
Interesting. My wife's family is from Germany and one of her cousins had a fn fal in 300 savage. No military claiber so 300 savage is almost equal to 308.

·
Banned
513 Posts
Blue Mini 14 in .222 (NOT .223) SN 187-650xx (Supposedly a custom order of 125 pcs. for a Euro delivery that never took place)
I would hold on to that one if I was you. I know that Ruger hasnt made a Euro gun since the late 90's so that one you got should be some what of a collectors item.

Also.. I "think"... in england they call them straight pulls, but dont quote me on that

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Price guides are (IMO) written by guys who don't collect, like the Blue book, dealers use it to beat you down in a trade then sell for a lot more.
The RENE price guide is a listing prepared by averaging the anticipated prices for Ruger firearms submitted by collectors themselves, collected and published by the author of the Reference of Ruger Firearms. It is acknowledged in the Ruger collectors community to be the "go to" source for comparing "collector quality" Rugers.

IMHO it beats the Blue Book all to pieces. It has become the single best source of comparison and valuation for Rugers available.

For what it's worth, the "distributor specials" do not carry the high prices seen on "factory offerings" except to those who tend to specialize in them. "Rare" does not always mean "valuable" . . . just scarce, and there is a fine distinction.

:D

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
I've seen high pricetags on the .222 Mini14 over the last few years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts