Ruger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am posting this under reloading instead of accessories because it only deals with reloading.

Does anyone know what kind of primer pocket cleaner this is? I bought it during the 70's or early 80's. It works great. :)There are no marks or numbers on it. It works like a Yankee Screwdriver. One push and pocket is clean. This one is for small primers. The cutting end has worn badly and I have filed it flat about as many times as possible. I have looked online and in gun shops and so far have not been able to find anything. I may be overlooking the simplest thing.

Can anyone put some light on this thing? :confused:

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have one laying on my bench still new in its package.
It was made by Lee. The small version part number used to be 80311.
It was called the Automatic Primer Pocket Cleaner.

·
Administrator
22,163 Posts
Doesn't look real automatic. :p

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks trainking;
I suspected it was a Lee. Now I know what to look for and see if they still make it.
It is automatic in the fact that when you push it into the primer pocket it turns about two turns. :) I place the end of the pistol brass on a small block of wood on my bench and give it a quick push and it is done. :)

·
Registered
315 Posts
Piedpiper46,

If you send me your address, I will send it to you.
I am not using it anyway.
I am not even sure where or when I got it.

Keith

·
Registered
315 Posts
Hi Terry,

You are correct.
I didn't take it out of the package, but did play with it a little.
Just more things I accumulated over the last 40 years.

Keith

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks to trainking I now have a new LEE Automatic primer pocket cleaner. I did not realize how worn my old one is.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Piedpiper46,

I am glad I could help and that it went to a good home.
It was just sitting on my bench not being used.

Keith

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I had one many years ago. It worked great when new but didn't last til the water got hot. It was made of pretty soft material.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Old Pocket Cleaner

My old one has cleaned over 5000 primer pockets. In the 70's I shot mostly 2400 and Unique and always had krud in the pocket. I maybe did not need to, but I always cleaned them. It still works the reaming end is just about worn off.
Thx again trainking.

·
Registered
15 Posts
primer pocket cleaner

Piedpiper46,

I've cleaned a lot of brass but I have never seen that device before. I prefer to deprime the brass then use a pocket uniformer to clean the primer pocket.

kscoyotee62

1 - 14 of 14 Posts