Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
These would be cool to own ...

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
17,056 Posts
rammerjammer, FYI, Joyce Hornady was one of the pioneers in reloading. He started the Hornady company, which is now one of the best bullet and reloading equipment manufacturers. I think it's kinda weird they put his name on a 22 LR revolver because 22 LR ammo is not reloadable.

I haven't heard from you lately .... doin' OK?

Reactions: rammerjammer

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Only interesting because the prefix is abnormal. Think current production has a 204 prefix?

·
Registered
64 Posts
rammerjammer, FYI, Joyce Hornady was one of the pioneers in reloading. He started the Hornady company, which is now one of the best bullet and reloading equipment manufacturers. I think it's kinda weird they put his name on a 22 LR revolver because 22 LR ammo is not reloadable.

Not trying to derail a thread with this but go to hornady's web page and read the company history. He was definately a pioneer in the business.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Hey Gary!

I love Hornady products but wasn't aware of the first name Joyce. Still kind of a weird serial number but a cool way to honor him.

I've been laying low due to Covid but just got my second dose of Pfizer. We'll have to meet up again soon.

I've made a few additions to my safe you would probably be interested in taking a look at. I'm one of the lucky ones who got a functional LCP 22. Wasn't very interested in them but could not pass up on the price. Still not likely to carry it ever but I always wanted a micro 22. You're likely more interested in the Mannlicher 10/22 I snagged about a month ago.

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
17,056 Posts
I got my second Pfizer shot a couple weeks ago so we should be good to go. I'm not all that thrilled about a 22 LR LCP but I'm a sucker for Manlicher 10/22s. i had a stainless model with a walnut stock .... a real looker and a decent shooter that my Granddaughter put the grabs on.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Hey Gary!

I love Hornady products but wasn't aware of the first name Joyce. Still kind of a weird serial number but a cool way to honor him.

I've been laying low due to Covid but just got my second dose of Pfizer. We'll have to meet up again soon.

I've made a few additions to my safe you would probably be interested in taking a look at. I'm one of the lucky ones who got a functional LCP 22. Wasn't very interested in them but could not pass up on the price. Still not likely to carry it ever but I always wanted a micro 22. You're likely more interested in the Mannlicher 10/22 I snagged about a month ago.
Other than my LCP II in .22 not liking winchester white box bulk ammo, it has been extremely reliable, and I have been pleasantly surprised at the accuracy from such a short barrel. I know other have had issues with extraction, but I have had great luck with mine. Carry a pocket knife if a round gets stuck, and if you don't trust it, don't carry it for primary self defense.

Reactions: rammerjammer

·
Registered
678 Posts
I got my second Pfizer shot a couple weeks ago so we should be good to go. I'm not all that thrilled about a 22 LR LCP but I'm a sucker for Manlicher 10/22s. i had a stainless model with a walnut stock .... a real looker and a decent shooter that my Granddaughter put the grabs on.

I would still love to get a mannlicher stocked 10/22... Waited too long, missed a brand new nice blued one for $399

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The story on the special prefix SN Wranglers: Larry's Pistols in Alabama is apparently a big Ruger dealer. They comissioned, through Lipseys, a run of 250 matching SN sets to commerate 70th anniversary of Ruger & Hornady. Rollout was to have been at a special event they were holding with Steve Hornady and Chris Killoy in attendance, 2020 event scrapped by COVID mess. Paraphrased from an answer to my question elsewhere. I called to ask, Larry's still has some matched pairs if anyone interested, should showup on GB eventually. Kind of neat offerings for the SN conscious collectors.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Somehow having a Wrangler as a commemorative in my honor would seem to be "faint praise" and nothing short of an insult. I'd want a Blackhawk .44 Magnum in the manner of Skeeter Skelton's one-o-a-kind.

But I don't think I have anything to worry about!

Bob Wright

·
Registered
357 Posts
Somehow having a Wrangler as a commemorative in my honor would seem to be "faint praise" and nothing short of an insult.
Bob Wright
Kind of reminds me of when I walk into a gun store and the owner says " We got something in and I thought of you. Just your kind of gun."
Then he pulls out a worn out piece of junk project gun.
Hmmm, mixed emotions but yeah ,,,, it probably is my kind of gun.

:unsure:

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
Kind of reminds me of when I walk into a gun store and the owner says " We got something in and I thought of you. Just your kind of gun."
Then he pulls out a worn out piece of junk project gun.
Hmmm, mixed emotions but yeah ,,,, it probably is my kind of gun.

:unsure:
🤣😜🤣😜

·
Registered
598 Posts
Somehow having a Wrangler as a commemorative in my honor would seem to be "faint praise" and nothing short of an insult. I'd want a Blackhawk .44 Magnum in the manner of Skeeter Skelton's one-o-a-kind.

But I don't think I have anything to worry about!

Bob Wright
I believe I’m with you Bob, the Wranglers leave me cold, but it looks like we’re in the minority.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts