Ruger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I FINALLY got my MarkIII 22/45 back from my assembly mishap.

I was looking at the shop's prices for some Mark I/II's they get in every now and then and the guy was asking $275 for a Mark I standard (well used), and $400 for a Mark II target (near new, and maybe never even fired). They are blued and not stainless.

Is there any novelty about these items for those prices? I ask because a Mark III target blued is $380~ per Ruger retail prices they list, and I got my Mark III 22/45 from the same shop for $280 new.

They also had a Mark I with a factory compensator on it and were asking $600 for it last time I was there, but it's gone now. It was well used.

I'm all for price negotiations, but let's get real on used prices (if not collectable), and at least start below retail for a new gun with the same options, of the same brand.

·
Registered
120 Posts
those prices are about right wher i'm at- but i live on an island with one gun shop -i have heard some people really prefer the mark II to the III because of the lawyer crap- does that justify higher prices? in the long run, the market will set the pricing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts