Ruger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just joined the forum. I have an unusual Mk III. I was reading a thread about this Limited Edition pistol but now can't find the discussion. The MK III was evidently ordered by a Ruger distributer in an unusual color combo. Stainless barrel, and lower unit but blued chamber. In researching, it seems the pistol was ordered, then the order was cancelled, limiting the production to approximately 400 guns. One of the posts said they had contacted Ruger and were awaiting information. I was wondering if the info was received? Beautiful gun but not sure about its worth since it is fairly rare. I have not figured out how to load a picture since my photo's are just on my IPad and do not have a URL, per se.

Attachments

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
yeah but james, the chamber is blued, ive not seen that before but i kinda wanna make one now
Funny how I missed that first time around..... :eek:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
That was the thing when I bought it. The shop owner was big into Rugers and said he had never seen one like it and went to Ruger and was told it was not an inventory gun. I have shot it some but never bothered to check. There was an earlier post about someone else with one that had written Ruger but had not heard back. I wanted to here about it but can't find the other post now.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Someone who may have further information on your two-toned Standard model is Chad Hiddleston, Editor of the Red Eagle News Exchange, also known as Chet15 on some of the other gun forums, he has an extensive list of production data on most things Ruger. He can be reached at Ruger Collectors' Association and might have the data you seek concerning the production sources of your pistol. The best way to describe what you have is one with a stainless barrel, bolt, and frame with a blued receiver tube. The chamber is contained within the barrel so saying that it has a blued chamber is not an appropriate description of your pistol.

Hope this helps.

R,
Bullseye

1 - 7 of 7 Posts