Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there things you've learned or figured out while having a CCW that you'd like to pass on to others?

1) Don't re-holster your gun while standing over a public toilet.

2) ??

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Speaking of public toilets, always use the stall, never the urinal. You'll need the privacy to hold onto your gun.

·
Larry the Conservative
5,458 Posts
**Slightly OT**

Many years ago, my wife worked in the ElPaso County Computer Center, ElPaso TX. One night late on 2nd shift one of the "Security Guards" was in the restroom and decided to practice his "quick-draw" while relieving himself. The inevitable did happen and the fool managed to shoot the toilet and nobody else.

Had it been during day shift with hundreds of employees in the building, there would have been a much greater possibility of someone getting shot instead of embarrassed and fired.

People worry about CCW - I worry much more about people with badges who carry a gun because it's required for the job. People who want to carry are much more professional about the responsibility, IMO. ***I'm not talking about our fine LEOs*** just rent a cops.

·
CARSON-WEST - 2016
6,784 Posts
If asked, "Is that a gun in your pants, or are you just happy to see me?" Respond back that you're happy to see her. :)

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
I have told friends/family members that know I carry, not to ever look at where I carry my gun, say I have a gun or get us in a jam when they are with me. If something comes up, let me deal with it if I want to. I'm no hero, I just want to take care of myself & whoever happens to be with me.

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
Spike12 said:
Are there things you've learned or figured out while having a CCW that you'd like to pass on to others?
From the FBI . . . .
Since only about 25% of first shots hit the intended target, don't worry about over-penitration,
worry about hitting your target with EVERY shot. :)

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Be aware that Murphy's Law is particularly operational when it comes to handguns.

Murphy was an optimist.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
People worry about CCW - I worry much more about people with badges who carry a gun because it's required for the job. People who want to carry are much more professional about the responsibility, IMO. ***I'm not talking about our fine LEOs*** just rent a cops.

LEO's carry a gun because it is required for the job just as it is for some security officers. There are well trained and professional security officers just as there are some LEO's who do not demonstrate professionalism and proper firearm handling.

It's best to judge people on there individual actions and qualifications rather then lump them together by job titles IMO.................But hey! who am I to judge :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
**Slightly OT**

Many years ago, my wife worked in the ElPaso County Computer Center, ElPaso TX. One night late on 2nd shift one of the "Security Guards" was in the restroom and decided to practice his "quick-draw" while relieving himself. The inevitable did happen and the fool managed to shoot the toilet and nobody else.
He's more than lucky he didn't just shoot his pecker off..... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
Ok, if I don't have to take my gun out of the holster ever to pee, why would guys need to? What am I missing? Be graphic too. LOL ;)

·
CARSON-WEST - 2016
6,784 Posts
Ok, if I don't have to take my gun out of the holster ever to pee, why would guys need to? What am I missing? Be graphic too. LOL ;)
I have never once done it, nor have ever once heard of it. If CCW'ing, the gun should be holster. I can see no reason to remove the gun from it's holster.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Luckily I'm right handed, so my Army days carried over.

Never carried anything in the right hand because you might have to salute. Now I don't carry with the right hand cause I might need to get my gun.

·
Registered
104 Posts
**Slightly OT**

Had it been during day shift with hundreds of employees in the building, there would have been a much greater possibility of someone getting shot instead of embarrassed and fired.

Was he a Democrat ???
:D

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.