Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Code Slinger
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last few weeks I have been looking into adding some new features to the forums, and after long consideration, I think it's best if we upgrade the entire forums to vbulletin. The vbulletin software has many features we can use such as Polls, Time Localization, and much much more. Over the next week, I am looking into what needs to be done to migrate all of our posts and members to the new forums. Once I have an estimate on what needs to be done, I'll post back here with a time estimate on going live.

·
Code Slinger
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's been alot of work for me to get this converted. For this conversion, I am changing from a windows / access setup to a unix / mysql setup. I have a demo environment setup, where I am writing the scripts to export this sites data into vbullentin flat files, then bulk load them into mysql. Oh the fun.. :)

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Glad you are going with the Unix system. I like it better than windows, but the accounting and tax software that I use only run on windows, and doesn't do good on a emulator.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Been reading here and there thru board about figuring out how to change the time on my posts and how to do a voting poll. Read in the suggestions area that we might be around the corner from it.
Reading here (90% of the technology mentioned i don't have a clue what is involved) it sounds like it might be getting close.
Are we getting close? Just curious. Not complaining at all--this is a great board.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Will you be able to run Vbulletin and maintain the present themes?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.