Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new steel plate hanger. I have been working on my range for a few weeks and have not been shooting. The new plate hanger is only part of the project. I also built a new target stand for paper targets and leveled the ground on the range. I finally got to shoot and popped the caps on two boxes of 9mm boolits. :) Next summer I plan to build a covered shooting canopy. :D

·
Registered
388 Posts
Looks good but it would be afraid the flanges on the two targets on the left would cause the bullets to go in random directions.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,556 Posts
I like that set-up!
What's the max distance?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I only shoot pistols on the range.
The square plate on the right only 1/4" thick and currently only for 22 rimfire.
The other 8" plates are 3/8 carbon steel and normally shot from 50 feet out to 40 yards. I am fond of 25 yards for them. Much more of a challenge than 50 feet. :)
The two large discs on the left are actually fly-wheels from VW engines. I normally do not shoot them any closer than 25 yards. As one comment mentioned bullets may fly in random directions. :(
My son came up with his AR and we did shoot the fly-wheels from 50 and 100 yards.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts