Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased my first ruger, and my first handgun. I got the stainless model P95 15rd and I love it. Has anyone out there made any changes to improve it? Lighter trigger? Any gunsmithing?

Also, While im sure this is a silly question, but I have 9 mags for this gun already (christmas, forum deals, so on) Will only P series rugers take these mags? I have heard stories of guns being modified to accept other mags. Will any other gun accept a P series Mag? (im thinking no)

·
Registered
218 Posts
i can personally recommend a set of williams firesights but you'll likely need help with the front sight. i can use the same mags with my PC9 carbine.

·
too great for words
661 Posts
Stick to ruger P-series mags. AFAIK no other mags will work or could be made to work and even if they could they probably wouldn't be as reliable. Mec-Gar makes quality 17 round mags for the P95 and I can attest that they work.

There is a company by the name of Wolf that makes gunsprings and they have replacement hammer and trigger springs that will shave some weight off the pull. It wouldn't hurt to smooth and polish the trigger parts, just be sure not to change any angles or geometry of the parts or you could possibly make the gun unsafe.

Houge slip-on rubber grips are nice but I prefer non-skid tape like you would use on stairs or in warehouses to add traction to steps. It's also used on the decks of skateboards. You can get it from most hardware stores in various widths or online.

These are lower-tier guns so there aren't a whole lot of after market parts for them since most really serious shooters go straight for something like a glock, but they are high-enough quality that I would trust my life to one. I've probably got several thousand rounds through mine with no issues.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts