Ruger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else use one of these?

Urban Carry Holster

First let me say this is not a advertisement of any kind. I'm not affiliated with them at all. Just a consumer like everyone else.

I saw an advertisement for this holster and ended up ordering a "medium" size holster to fit my LC9 and LCR. I should get it any day.

I just can't get comfortable with a IWB. I carry at the kidney area, right side. I have the Alien Gear Holsters for my LC9, LCR and LCP. The LCP carries okay there but its small and I rarely carry it like that. In the winter its in my western boots as a BUG and in the summer its in my shorts pocket. The LC9 is okay but still gets hard for me to conceal on my frame at the waist line. The LCR just does not fit anywhere and I would rather carry it to be honest, its very accurate.

I'm hoping that carrying in the appendix area will work for me.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
The LCR just does not fit anywhere and I would rather carry it to be honest, its very accurate....I'm hoping that carrying in the appendix area will work for me.
LCR fits pretty well in the pocket for me. I have a Clinger Stingray coming to try IWB.

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
I'm an 80s throwback- I rock the fanny pack carry!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LCR fits pretty well in the pocket for me. I have a Clinger Stingray coming to try IWB.
I can't draw the LCR from my pocket(rubber grips hang up), barely fits(I wear Wrangler traditional fit) and it prints so obvious its pathetic. I even have issues with my LCP printing so I got the Super Fly holster and it works okay in the rear pocket but is uncomfortable to sit on.

Like I said, I just can't get comfortable with any of it but I still carry regardless.

My frame is average, 5'10" 210#, not sure why I'm having these issues.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
May just need to try some different pants. I wear a 30" waist so it's not a size thing - could just be a fit or style thing. I admit the LCR is a little tight on the draw in my favorite jeans but still fits. It draws better from Docker-style pants. I use a Desantis Nemesis either way and don't have any printing issues.

You could also try OWB if the Urban Carry doesn't work out. I don't have one but I think Simply Rugged has a compact OWB rig for the LCR.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I carry with an AIWB and find that it conceals extremely well. The holster I have is ok (blade tech, i think...). Sitting can be uncomfortable, but not always. I would be interested in a leather holster in the same position.

Keep us posted on this holster. I'm not sure its my cup of tea, but interesting none the less

·
Registered
224 Posts
That holster looks like a gimmick to me..... You are still going to need your belt tight enough to support the weight of a gun, but now you are going to have to drag a full gun past your tightened belt ? NOT going to happen. Guns are hard to conceal, as they say, its comforting, not comfortable. You need to dress to conceal, and find your gun accesable in an instant. Ankle/boot holsters are kind of the same way, good for a second gun, but not for a primary one.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That holster looks like a gimmick to me..... You are still going to need your belt tight enough to support the weight of a gun, but now you are going to have to drag a full gun past your tightened belt ? NOT going to happen. Guns are hard to conceal, as they say, its comforting, not comfortable. You need to dress to conceal, and find your gun accesable in an instant. Ankle/boot holsters are kind of the same way, good for a second gun, but not for a primary one.
I worry about that as well. How will the gun slide by the belt. We will see.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just ordered one of those pocket holsters that you shoot through - shoot through the pocket holster - for my LCP. Gonna try that.

·
Super Moderator
22,137 Posts
I use a Simply Rugged Pocket Protector wit my S&W 642. I don't have issues with jeans as I buy relaxed fit style. When I had an LCR I carried that as well. You hand covers the grip and created space within the pocket when you draw so that mitigates drag from rubber grips.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I can't draw the LCR from my pocket(rubber grips hang up), barely fits(I wear Wrangler traditional fit) and it prints so obvious its pathetic. I even have issues with my LCP printing so I got the Super Fly holster and it works okay in the rear pocket but is uncomfortable to sit on.

Like I said, I just can't get comfortable with any of it but I still carry regardless.

My frame is average, 5'10" 210#, not sure why I'm having these issues.
I have a similar issue. Pocket carry is most comfortable for me, but the front pockets of my favorite, most comfortable slacks are too shallow. The others have such a small opening that it's too big of a project getting the pistol out and ready for me to feel like I would ever be able to protect anyone. Works great with my cargo shorts, though. I guess I'm going pants shopping.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'm 5'9" and 220 lbs and those IWB holsters made of plastic or like those Supertucks never work for me. If it's not real leather I can't do IWB .

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I got this in today.

Its well built but it doesn't work good for me. They say it needs to break in good before it works as it should but I don't think that will matter much.

I ordered the medium for my LC9 and LCR but it doesn't work at all for them. They fit but you can't draw the gun past the belt. The LCR/LC9 were both too big to fit into the appendix area for me.

I put my LCP in it and it fit perfect and drew better and it was unnoticeable to carry. I wore it to dinner then for dessert and about an hour riding around town.

I think this will end up being my BUG holster, better than ankle/boot carry that I am doing now. I'm still looking for that perfect IWB that carries comfortably

·
Registered
765 Posts
I carry either IWB or front pocket. Concealed carry is a highly personal thing because we are all built differently and dress differently. It can be a pain trying to find the right fit.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts