Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, a local gun shop has one of these in stock with the red bag and the blue stock. I just called him and asked how much he wanted, he said $399, i've only seen one other person on this forum who had bought one i think they said they paid $350. I don't want to over pay but i like the idea of a 1/5000 10/22 as it would be my first 10/22. I'd be putting it on laway at 20% down.

If anyone thinks this price is too high let me know, i have no objection to buying just a regular 10/22TD. Its hard to know the value on these limiteds.

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
They're $379 with free shipping from ImpactGuns.com but you'd have to pay an FFL transfer fee and you probably couldn't do layaway. I think it's a fair price. You could always see if he'll do it for $400 OTD tax included (doubtful, especially with the layaway, but worth a shot).

·
Registered
114 Posts
As for price, I havent' seen any for sale near me and hadn't looked honestly. On the note of it being a limited run, just consider what that's worth to you. If you plan to shoot it, and you're fine with the scratches and dings that eventually come along with active gun ownership, then by all means get it. The problem (as my father in law has found out) is that 10/22's are an exceptionally common gun, and few of the limited runs hold value over what you might pay for it. So if you love it and its a comfortable fit for you, then I would implore you to get the firearm if you're happy with it. If you're second guessing it and like it based solely on that it is a limited run, i'd evaluate what i'd be using it for and if it fits your needs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts