Ruger Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While looking for an ar or ak I came across a nice used Mini-14 tactical with the side folding stock( that I'm not crazy about), . Its a series 581 gun looks to be in good shape and taken care of. They are asking $630 for it. Does that seam like a fair price? The only new one iv been able to find was 850 and that during there Ruger days sale going on this weekend.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Personally I would stick with the AR-15 platform... I realize the Ruger AR-15 are bring top dollar, but you can get a good DI gun starting at around $700...

My entry level Del Ton Echo 316 rifle cost me only $729.99, and it came with all the magpul goodies from the factory.

·
Banned
4,564 Posts
I really like my Tactical(conventional stock), very accurate. I paid a bit under $700 new. No regrets here.
So to answer the question, sounds like a good deal to me.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Cheapest I see Mini-14s go for around here is $729.99. That's a new blued ranch rifle on sale.

·
Registered
23 Posts
. . . a nice used Mini-14 tactical with the side folding stock( that I'm not crazy about), . Its a series 581 gun looks to be in good shape and taken care of. They are asking $630 for it. Does that seam like a fair price? . . .
For comparison, I just bought a new ATI folder (582) for $691 plus $21 shipping (and WA state tax in my case) from Davidson's Gun Genie.

Maybe because I was trained on a M-14, I'm more comfortable with the Mini-14 than with my second choice (an AR).

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For comparison, I just bought a new ATI folder (582) for $691 plus $21 shipping (and WA state tax in my case) from Davidson's Gun Genie.

Maybe because I was trained on a M-14, I'm more comfortable with the Mini-14 than with my second choice (an AR).
Yeah I looked on davidsons but they have 0 Mini 14s of any kind in stock and from what I hear who knows how far behind ruger is now so no telling when they will get more. I think Ill go back over sometime this week and see if I can get them down on the price alittle.

·
Banned
4,564 Posts
Yeah I looked on davidsons but they have 0 Mini 14s of any kind in stock and from what I hear who knows how far behind ruger is now so no telling when they will get more. I think Ill go back over sometime this week and see if I can get them down on the price alittle.
Keep and eye on 'em, since I bought mine they've went out of stock and come bak in at least 3 times. Get on the watch list! I've bought all my guns from Davidsons.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Howdy!

I just purchased a nice very clean used Mini 14 Tactical a few weeks ago. It came with a 3X9 scope and bypod paid $600.00. I've been looking for one for awhile and felt this one was very good for the price. Most of the used ones I seen they wanted new prices for, thats if you can find them new are used. I think a good price is $500.00 to $600.00 in good condition and a newer model.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

·
Registered
313 Posts
Just as an FYI, I purchased my Mini-14 off of GunBrokers.com, and it came with a Davidson's Lifetime Guarantee. So you might be able to do a search and find one with the Davidson's backing.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well never got a chance to go back to the place with the used one but today I took my mom to another place to help her buy her first gun (got a LCR38 with the new laser max on it) and I see the new Mini 14 tactical they told me they had for $850 on the rack so I ask to see it just to compair to the used one. when I pick it up to my amazment the price on it is now $730. So I'm thinking well Im jumping on this. I set it down to help mom with a question on the BATF form and literaly 2 seconds later another sales men picks it up and hands it to someone else. I think oh he must be just looking at it thats cool. Yeah next thing I know hes doing paper work on it.:mad:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Outlaw450 - Ouch! Sorry you missed that rifle.

CDNN was selling new Mini-14 Tacticals for $599 for a while. It might be worth checking with them to see if they have any left...

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks I'll check them out.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Called CDNN but they didnt have any. Thought of another local place my buddy goes to and called them. They had it so yesterday I went and picked up a new Mini14 tactical. Cant wait to go heat this thing up.:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts