Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my SR9 several weeks ago and I am considering selling it. Nothing wrong with the gun at all, in fact we shot 100 rounds through it today and it was flawless. That said, we had a lot more fun shooting the .22 rifles and I might want to invest more in that direction.

Anyway, what is a fair asking price for a slightly used SR9?

· Registered
38 Posts
The price probably depends a lot on location. In my area I saw a like new sR9 with 5 mags and a nice Galco holster for $425. For that price I bought it! Selling used you'll probably eat the fees and tax unless you got a screaming deal. Good luck.

· Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tax, background check, etc... new, out the door for less than $375.00?

Shoot to Thrill: Dude your avatar is freakin me out. Just sayin' :D
I was thinking the same thing. Hell, I would buy them all day long at that price, flip them and make a killing.

look to see what there going for used on gunbroker
Armslist.com
Looks like $375-$400 is the usual range. By the time fees are applied and shipping you can add $50 to those numbers.

· Registered
23 Posts
They are $399.00 new around SW Pa.
My LGS had one for $315.00 used like new.

· Registered
759 Posts
Tax, background check, etc... new, out the door for less than $375.00?

Shoot to Thrill: Dude your avatar is freakin me out. Just sayin' :D
I wish I'd bought more because he was closing his shop and charged me $20 over cost.

Here is my DEAL for my NIB Ruger SR9c
Gun - $320 Plus Tax
Background check - Free
1 -50 round box of 9mm - Free

I paid $320 plus tax (6.5%)

· Registered
12 Posts
Hey shoot...not to steal your thread but would love to piggy back and see what the Ruger enthusiasts thought would be a fair price to post my for sale SR9. It has Talon Grips installed. Also has Ameriglo Operator night sights. I also have the regualr Ameriglo rear night sight as well. 17 round magazines so wold have to limit sell to "gun loving" states!

What do you think that is worth to be fair to both seller and buyer. $450?

· Registered
759 Posts
Hey shoot...not to steal your thread but would love to piggy back and see what the Ruger enthusiasts thought would be a fair price to post my for sale SR9. It has Talon Grips installed. Also has Ameriglo Operator night sights. I also have the regualr Ameriglo rear night sight as well. 17 round magazines so wold have to limit sell to "gun loving" states!

What do you think that is worth to be fair to both seller and buyer. $450?
I understand why you would want to sell it for $450, But I can buy a new one for $400. I don't personally don't think the sights justify the price (simply my opinion). I don't mean to offend you with my comments, but I am fine with stock sights. Below $375 would be where I would feel good as a buyer of a used SR9 (assuming it is in good shape).

Disclaimer- I honestly don't know what the market value of a used SR9 is.

· Registered
2,019 Posts
In northern Illinois, I paid $500 new for the s/s, plus tax and background check. Considering everyone else's opinions here, I think it's where you live that will determine the price. Is it blued or s/s? I think a used SR9 s/s for $375 is a bargain, where I live.

· Registered
7,096 Posts
In northern Illinois, I paid $500 new for the s/s, plus tax and background check. Considering everyone else's opinions here, I think it's where you live that will determine the price. Is it blued or s/s? I think a used SR9 s/s for $375 is a bargain, where I live.
You could order it online(Kentucky Gun Co.)for $399 with free shipping. It does not make a difference where you live.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.