Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm always wondering what various CCW guns actually weigh when fully loaded. These are some I've weighed on an accurate scale.

Kel-Tec PF9 8 rds (7+1) 9 mm 115 Gr Total Wt 18-3/8 oz *
Kel-Tec P11 11 rds 9 mm 115 Gr Total Wt 22 oz
Kel-Tec P3AT 7 rds .380 Auto 88 gr total wt 11-3/8 oz
Taurus PT1911 9 rds .45 ACP 230 gr Total Wt 47-3/8 oz
Taurus PT745 7 rds .45 ACP 230 Gr Total Wt 27-1/8 oz
Sprgfld Compact 7 rds .45 ACP 230 gr Total Wt 41-1/4 oz
Ruger KP345DPR 9 rds .45 ACP 230 Gr Total Wt 36-1/4 oz
Ruger KP95DPR 16 rds 9 mm 115 Gr Total Wt 36-1/8 oz
Ruger Kp944D 11 rds .40 S&W 180 Gr Total Wt 40-3/8 oz
Ruger Security Six 4" 6 rds .357 Mag 125 Gr Total Weight 38-3/8 oz
Ruger SP101 2-1/4" DAO 5 rds .357 Mag 125 Gr Total Wt 27-1/2 oz
Charter Bulldog 5 rds .44 Spec 200 Gr Total Wt 23-3/8 oz
S&W 442 5 rds .38 Spec 125 Gr Total Wt 17-5/8 oz
Para CX745S 8 rds .45 ACP 230 Gr Total Wt 39 oz

* Courtesy of nicdfish - thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,156 Posts
An interesting perspective....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,621 Posts
Not useless to me...I'm not set up to weigh....I can add appx 6 oz. for a P90, I think---what do you think? I now know that a fully loaded KP95DC will weigh about what my M65 3" does...thanks for posting the stats for comparison....wish you'd done it when you had three of everything!!!!![}:)]
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
quote:Originally posted by sheepdog

Not useless to me...I'm not set up to weigh....I can add appx 6 oz. for a P90, I think---what do you think? I now know that a fully loaded KP95DC will weigh about what my M65 3" does...thanks for posting the stats for comparison....wish you'd done it when you had three of everything!!!!![}:)]
I will try to add a few more guns in the near future. Five ounces should be just about right. (It's enough to make the old jeans sag.) If you want to be sure, send your P90 to me with about 500 rds of ammo and I will be glad to get an exact weight for you.:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,621 Posts
I lost the case....took it to the post office and they said brown paper and string just wouldn't get it there...sorry...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
quote:Originally posted by sheepdog

I lost the case....took it to the post office and they said brown paper and string just wouldn't get it there...sorry...
Oh well....it's your loss. Just trying to give you hand (paw?) buddy!:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
842 Posts
Not trivia rman but very useful info to me, and I bet others here would agree. I'd like to see you test some more types. I don't have suitable scales to check for myself. Due to some nerve damage in my back and left leg I have problems carrying a heavy gun for any amount of time without some discomfort although suspenders do help a bit. I like those big calibers but just can't handle the weight of some guns for long.
Baker
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
quote:Originally posted by btrumanj

Not trivia rman but very useful info to me, and I bet others here would agree. I'd like to see you test some more types. I don't have suitable scales to check for myself. Due to some nerve damage in my back and left leg I have problems carrying a heavy gun for any amount of time without some discomfort although suspenders do help a bit. I like those big calibers but just can't handle the weight of some guns for long.
Baker
I don't have many more choices to test. I'm just doing the ones I own. I'll try to get my Kel-Tec P3AT, Taurus PT1911, Ruger KP944D, Ruger Security Six and Springfield Champion 1911 posted in the next few days. Everything else I have are 6.5" 7.5" Ruger Single Actions.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
842 Posts
I don't have many more choices to test. I'm just doing the ones I own. I'll try to get my Kel-Tec P3AT, Taurus PT1911, Ruger KP944D, Ruger Security Six and Springfield Champion 1911 posted in the next few days. Everything else I have are 6.5" 7.5" Ruger Single Actions.
I think the others plus those will give me at least a ball park figure for P97, P85, RIA1911 and S&W66. Also, although not as sturdy as the SP101, my little Taurus steel frame .38 snub isn't really that much lighter fully loaded.
Baker :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I updated the list with all the handguns I have other than single actions and a Mark II Target. BTT ^
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
quote:Originally posted by nikdfish

one more ...

Kel-Tec PF9 8 rds (7+1) 9 mm 115 Gr Total Wt 18-3/8 oz

Nick
Thanks! Hope you don't mind - I added to the list at the top of this thread.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Added one more to the list.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,301 Posts
quote:Originally posted by sheepdog

What's your .44 weigh, Baldy?-loaded...
I don't have a weight on it Sheepdog. It's a 4" barrel and if I took a guesss I would say about 34oz mty. All I can say for sure is it's one fine shooting revolver. If I was going to carry it I would want a shoulder rig.:D

Best,Baldy
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top