Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up a Redhawk for trips to the woods and house gun. I don't hunt anymore but I'm wondering if you use speed loaders during your hunting trips.

Thanx...

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Yes, i do.
not because i need them for hunting, but more as a "just in case" for two-legged critters---there's a lot of crazy stuff happening nowadays. There have been reports in the media of hunters being attacked by individuals.

·
Registered
320 Posts
And, not necessarily hunting.
Some family was robbed in the Sierras back in the 80's.Was goldpanning.
Was...somewhere between 3 and 5 people in cammo,with AR-15's.Came out from the bushes, and robbed them.Think some shots were fired to keep the family's heads down.
Now, the guy wears a 357 mag on their outings.
Since that was aired on KCRA channel 3 news,it opened my eyes.
It was a 3 articles(?) for 3 days.
Now, I won't go anywhere in the Sierras without a firearm, and a lot more ammo then 6 shots.
More bear,coydog and cat attacks now.
Just never know now.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm not a dedicated pistol hunter- most time I do have one on my hip though so -no I don't have a speedloder as it is not my Primary arm. Though just bumming around the woods I do have atleast 2 reloads with me!

·
Registered
97 Posts
I agree ,,,, why? ,,,,, I mean ,,,, sure I carry extra ammo when hunting ,,,, but if for some reason he is still standing after the first shot from my .480 ,,, I have never seen a deer hang around long enough to throw more than one more round in his dirrection before he disappeared.
Hog hunting might be the only case where it could be useful
Out of the woods ,,,, sure.

wolfman

·
Registered
193 Posts
I figure if I need more than six shots either I need more practice or I'm hunting something I shouldn't be hunting with a handgun.:eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts