Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,393 Posts
MARINE:

Muscles Are Required, Intellegence Not Expected

Sorry Chaz, and an ex Swabbie, I just couldn't resist that.....(bad Wizard...bad, bad.....)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
758 Posts
I like to use this as an avatar:

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
quote:Originally posted by Wizard

MARINE:

Muscles Are Required, Intellegence Not Expected

Sorry Chaz, and an ex Swabbie, I just couldn't resist that.....(bad Wizard...bad, bad.....)
Thats OK Wizard ! You don't have to apologize because you where a swabie:D:D:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
758 Posts
I have no problem with inter-service rivalries; as a former Seagoing Marine, I’ve heard it all. If I'm not mistaken, we all took the same oath.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
260 Posts
quote:Originally posted by bunzo351

If I'm not mistaken, we all took the same oath.
Very true. But, we all know the Air Force knows how to get to the battlefield in style.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
995 Posts
My old man was Navy. He classified Marines as Sea Going Bellhops or Glorified Gateguards. Me, I went Air Force cause they got the best food!! (LOL) Plus we attack and retreat at 1000 MPH.

God bless our Jarheads and all the troops.
Dan'o :}
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You are right Chris , pride in your outfit; whatever one , is what makes it work.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
quote:Originally posted by HIPCHIP

My old man was Navy. He classified Marines as Sea Going Bellhops or Glorified Gateguards. Me, I went Air Force cause they got the best food!! (LOL) Plus we attack and retreat at 1000 MPH.

God bless our Jarheads and all the troops.
Dan'o :}
Dan'o you don't how much that hurts, to be called a SEA GOING BELLHOP LOL :D :D :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,393 Posts
The only thing I never understood is why Marines got so upset when we reminded them that they were a department us the U.S. Navy..... I got tired just watching them do pushups. We had to carry them across the big pond, at times.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,209 Posts
I thought it was

M...My
A...A$$
R...Rides
I...In
N...Navy
E...Equipment


My old man (retired Navy) always refers to Marines as "Cargo" :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
336 Posts
quote:Originally posted by bunzo351

I have no problem with inter-service rivalries; as a former Seagoing Marine, I’ve heard it all. If I'm not mistaken, we all took the same oath.
I have learned that it doesn't matter what branch you served in, only that you served. Each branch of the military is a part of the "Big Picture".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
quote:Originally posted by mwl1955

quote:Originally posted by bunzo351

I have no problem with inter-service rivalries; as a former Seagoing Marine, I’ve heard it all. If I'm not mistaken, we all took the same oath.
I have learned that it doesn't matter what branch you served in, only that you served. Each branch of the military is a part of the "Big Picture".
It's a lot of fun to kid around about it .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,621 Posts
You guys run your stuff all you want...but Heaven's gates are guarded by the Marines!!! We're the only ones tough enough to keep the Devil out and the only ones smart enough not to tell all we know:D:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
quote:Originally posted by sheepdog

You guys run your stuff all you want...but Heaven's gates are guarded by the Marines!!! We're the only ones tough enough to keep the Devil out and the only ones smart enough not to tell all we know:D:D
Sheepdog your the man , Semper Fi. my brother .These Navy guy's gang
up on us Marines, it's not right!!! LOL :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,439 Posts
When I was in the USN we were very proud of our Marine contingent. Their record was 100%, never once did one of them front gates get lost or stolen. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
260 Posts
quote:Originally posted by sheepdog

You guys run your stuff all you want...but Heaven's gates are guarded by the Marines!!! We're the only ones tough enough to keep the Devil out and the only ones smart enough not to tell all we know:D:D
That may be, but remember who provides the most/best air support.

Speaking of gates, I can remember doing gate guard duty. Lot's of fun that was.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,393 Posts
quote:Originally posted by jimbo1096

When I was in the USN we were very proud of our Marine contingent. Their record was 100%, never once did one of them front gates get lost or stolen. :D
Jimbo, you crack me up!!!:D
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Top