Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the message I'm getting from the USPS tracking system 30 hours after the package was dropped off. In other words the seller dropped off the package for shipment at 4:02 pm Wed and they haven't updated in two days. Is this tracking deal just a scam to begin with or what? I've never had reason to check it before.

"Label/Receipt Number: 0304 1560 0004 0459 1989

Your item was accepted at 4:02 PM on September 19, 2007 in PEVELY, MO 63070. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later."

·
Registered
253 Posts
It's the Post Office -- doesn't that explain it?

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Morsecode, with the USPS their tracking is only active for a very limited number of services. Unless you are using one of those specific services for which actual tracking is a paid part of, you will only have delivery confirmation in effect.
USPS tracking is not similar to FedEx or UPS which tracks in transit items.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, peace...that might explain it. I'm not sure how the guy sent it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The USPS tracking is not really that useful for finding the location of your package, but it is reassuring if something is lost. It always seems to be way behind the actual package location. They can determine where in the chain it went missing, however, if it does, and can confirm you never got it. The carrier scans it when he delivers it, and without that, your insurance, if any, is put into play.
UPS and FedEx tracking is great, however, since I know when it is actually on the local delivery truck for that day's delivery. Works flawlessly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts