Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Radio news this morning mentioned that VA's NICS checks were up 35% in 2012, compared to 2011. They did 6 million checks, with nearly a third of those in just November and December. Pretty impressive numbers, for a public that "wants tighter gun control".

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
I'm still not buying the vast majority of our citizens want gun control. The media and lib elites, yes. Question is, how do we stop the lib elites in DC from trying to usurp the US Const?

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
Radio news this morning mentioned that VA's NICS checks were up 35% in 2012, compared to 2011. They did 6 million checks, with nearly a third of those in just November and December. Pretty impressive numbers, for a public that "wants tighter gun control".
I asked a salesman at my LGS what percentage had his background checks gone up this past 2 months, and he said 50-60% at least. :)

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
As gun sales and CCW permits goes up here in Virginia crime goes down

Violent Index Crime Rate

Virginia violent index crime rates by crime type trended as follows: murder/non‐negligent
manslaughter rate down by 11%, forcible rape rate decreased by 22%, robbery rate decreased by
30%, aggravated assault rate declined by 30%.

http://www.dcjs.virginia.gov/research/documents/12 Crime-inVA-2012.pdf

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
I'm still not buying the vast majority of our citizens want gun control.
Me neither, statistics are showing otherwise.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts