Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This post is directed to gunman42782 or anyone else living in Ky. My
wife and I are going to spend next week in Harlan County Kentucky.
I am just checking on gun carrying in Kentucky. I know Ky. and Tn.
have recip. agreements. Just wanted anyones input on anything I should look out for. In Tn.-ours is a Handgun Carry Permit--not
legaly specifying concealment(although the best idea) In Ky. i'm
pretty sure it is a CCW permit, which if I travel in that state I
should carry concealed by law------right? Just wanted to be sure.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
As of '06, Kentucky recognizes any state's license...firearms may be carried loaded and in plain view within the vehicle;loaded handguns may be carried in veh. glove compartment...not, however, in console boxes or seat pockets, not under the seat;open carry unrestricted in most public areas and generally accepted...localities may not restrict these rights by state law...

Interesting---Ky's license allows concealed carry of ANY deadly weapon...I like that wording....Tx. still regulates the crap out of knives.....

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Well, Sheepdog covered it all. I would just add that although open carry is legal, if you have a CCW you should carry concealed in any public place. I sure as heck would not want to carry openly in any of the larger cities.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
If you are going to Harlan,County you can count on most everybody there is armed. Great folks up there and some great food. I got a lot of good friends up in that neck of the woods. Have fun and enjoy.

Best,Baldy.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:DThanks fellers. We are taking the travel trailer and the atv. Gonna ride them hills, eat a lot of good food and set around the
camp fire at night. Yer all welcome to join us if you like. We will
be at the Black Mountain Coal Co. Reunion on Sunday (lots of people,
and lots of fun). It is held at Kenvir. We will be camping "on the
hill" at Kenvir. The hill is where the old school used to be. My
Sweetie grew up in this place. They have this reunion every year.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Sounds like a great time. Unfortunately, I have to work. Thanks for the invite!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts