Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I turned my old Grizzley MK1 in .45 win mag over to a dealer last year to sell. Conveted to $ I was asking for about $820 and that includes RCBS realoding tools and about 150 rounds of ammo. The pistol is has some Willson combat parts installed but all the original parts are included. No takers so i called last year and had him mark it down to $640, called again before chirsmas and hade him mark it down to $410.....still nothing? Are these pistols worthless as they are so hard to find parts for?

·
Banned
29,619 Posts
45 win mag is hard to find and expensive not many takers. I would try 350. I know it stinks but I had to sell a 41 action express semi auto for next to nothing as the round is obsolete.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
45 win mag is hard to find and expensive not many takers.
It takes ordinary .452 bullets so its no more expensive then a .45acp/.45colt of you reload your brass. I have been using Starline brass and they are good for alteas 4 reloads (if you use llight loads, 250gr max loads tend to ripp them apart on the the secon reload). To give you some perspective on the market over here whre guns are way more expensive then in the US, my old Gen 3 Glock sold in a heatbeat for $560.

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
The 34th edition Blue Book of gun values lists your MKI at $675 for 98%.

I would try listing it online at Gunbroker or Armslist or any gun forums. You'll get a lot more traffic that way than it just sitting at your dealer gathering dust.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The 34th edition Blue Book of gun values lists your MKI at $675 for 98%.

I would try listing it online at Gunbroker or Armslist or any gun forums. You'll get a lot more traffic that way than it just sitting at your dealer gathering dust.
Thanks, Blue book of gun values was new to me. I actally started by calling the bigges online gun auktion company we have in Sweden but they said $150 so i hung up the phone!

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
Ah I missed your location. I bet you'd have better luck selling it in the States.

LAR seems to have been aquired by Remington and their website no longer exists. I would sure love to have one of their side charging AR uppers!

·
Registered
865 Posts
Over here you would probably get $700 easy at least down here in the SW. I can imagine brass and other things might be harder to get over there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts