Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I'm looking for a estimated value of a stock early 80's .357 black hawk in decent shape, blued with 6.5 inch bbl. It does have a couple dings on the frame from use and it has a solid ring around the cylinder. Other than that it seems to be in good shape. Any help or input would be great thanks.
P.S. Just curious roughlyhow many rounds would it take to cause that ring around the cylinder?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just adding to the OP's question, I recently inherited the same model Blackhawk as the OP but with a factory extra 9mm cylinder. It's been shot, but no dings or bluing loss. Does the 9mm cylinder add any value? I have a stainless Blackhawk so the blued one may go.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
I would say $250-$300 also. If you have the convertible model with a 9mm cylinder, that would add another $25 or $30.

It doesn't take long for the rings to appear on the cylinder. Seems like I started noticing it on mine after as few as 100 rounds. It's the nature of the beast, perfectly normal.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for the response.

I have no problem with a cylinder ring, a cylinder ring just means it's been put to its intended use.

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,415 Posts
I guess I need to move ... here in Nebraska, you would be hard pressed to find a blued Blackhawk in decent shape for anything less than 400 bucks .... likely more. These guns have really gone up in price in just the past few years. A new Blackhawk now has a MSRP of $625 ... considerably more than one might expect and will likely have another price increase next month.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
If it's got the original grips I'd say it's a $375-425 revolver. Ring on the cylinder starts as soon as it's dry fired. Unfortunately with blued guns you can't prevent that from happening.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts