Ruger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a SBH NEW MODEL SINGLE ACTION SIX SHOOTER.
The problem is the push plate has broken and I am in need to sell it right now. If they go for 6-7 hundred $ new and its in like new condition save for the firing push plate(30$)how much is it worth realistically ? Thanks in advance.

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
18,205 Posts
What's a push plate? Transfer bar maybe??? More information needed ... barrel length? Blued, stainless, or high gloss stainless? Overall condition?

With used guns, condition is everything. The Blue Book of Guns list the SBH at $550 in 100% condition. In 98% condition, value drops to $395, $300 for 95%, down to $160 in 60% condition.

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
I bet he means the transfer bar. It pushes the firing pin .

Iowegan I hope you and your family have a great Thanksgiving. I wanted to tell you that now incase I didn't get a chance.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[/QUOTE]Yes you are both correct its the transfer bar. And it has a 9 inch barrel . It was black but I stripped it down to bare stainless steel. I'm not a seasoned pro when it comes to stripping my guns( I prefer stainless looking to blued) but I make about 100$ per gun to clean and strip them on the side. Overall condition is 100%. And it has a fixed scope with custom mounts (. Scope is about 125$ new I can't remember the name if hand). I can't believe how the value drops so much . Anyways thanks for the insight and responses from you both I appreciate it. This forum is awesome. An a happy thanksgiving to you both and the forum.

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
18,205 Posts
Sseadog44, Just some FYI .... 100% condition assumes the gun has never been fired or modified and is complete with the box, papers, etc. Anytime you modify a gun, the value drops ... how much depends on how radical the modification.

Blued Ruger revolvers are NOT stainless steel ... rather a carbon steel alloy that will rust very easily if the bluing has been removed. Removing the bluing would be considered a radical modification and would lower the value considerably. Of course if you find someone that doesn't know much about guns ... they may be willing to pay more but any person that knows much about Rugers probably wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.