Ruger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I'm new to this so I sincerely appreciate any info anyone can give me on this gun and what you can estimate it's value at. lastly, if anyone thinks this particular model has the potential to go up in value over time? I love this gun because it is one of the coolest handguns i've ever seen but all my bills are catching up with me and getting some money for it is what i need.

I was on vacation and got this Ruger Vaquero brand new in late 05-early 06. I shot probably 30 rounds when on vacation and put it in a case and haven't shot it since.
Flickr: coffee789's Photostream
those are some pics of it. I can post others of anything specific.

The serial number is 58-92XXX
Is this a rare model cause of it being a 7 1/2?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
98 Posts
Nice lookin' handgun! Welcome to the forum! Not sure of the "classic" value but someone will come along with more knowledge than I.

·
Registered
323 Posts
The LGS has one similar to yours but it has the plastic "Ivory" grips. They are asking $599.
Best Regards,
ADP3

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
I just checked the "sold" files on Gun Broker..there was one New Vaquero in 7 1/2" that had a starting auction price of $495 and it did not sell..another one had one bid and sold for $519 plus shipping...they are great guns and a fun one to shoot...only "issue" is that the Vaquero is a big favorite for the cowboy action folks and they seem to like the shorter barrels...down the the short 3 3/4" "sheriff" models, etc. Gun broker shows lots and lots of Vaqueros but almost all are the 4 5/8 and 5 1/2 inch bbls...Unless I'm way off base I doubt there will be much collector appreciation in price and it's probably going to be a buyer that is set on the longer bbl just for fun. Hope this doesn't shed a rain storm on your plans but I've bought a number of Vaqueros in the past year....mostly the older "large size originals" and not had to pay any premiums for them....lots of them around.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just checked the "sold" files on Gun Broker..there was one New Vaquero in 7 1/2" that had a starting auction price of $495 and it did not sell..another one had one bid and sold for $519 plus shipping...they are great guns and a fun one to shoot...only "issue" is that the Vaquero is a big favorite for the cowboy action folks and they seem to like the shorter barrels...down the the short 3 3/4" "sheriff" models, etc. Gun broker shows lots and lots of Vaqueros but almost all are the 4 5/8 and 5 1/2 inch bbls...Unless I'm way off base I doubt there will be much collector appreciation in price and it's probably going to be a buyer that is set on the longer bbl just for fun. Hope this doesn't shed a rain storm on your plans but I've bought a number of Vaqueros in the past year....mostly the older "large size originals" and not had to pay any premiums for them....lots of them around.

It does not shed a rain storm! Thanks for your concern :), and thanks a lot for your research. My friend is interested in buying it already. I just want to make sure that i ask a fair price for the both of us, and that I'm not making a bad decision in selling it now if it could appreciate in value. The only reason I think it could appreciate in value is because I read on the internet that the 7 1/2 bbls didn't sell so good when they put it out, so they stopped making them. I'm such an amateur in this field, I really appreciate the knowledge. Thanks.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Welcome from Australia mate.
Glad to have you on board, nice folk here and lots of good info.
Nice vaquero, shame you have to sell it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome from Australia mate.
Glad to have you on board, nice folk here and lots of good info.
Nice vaquero, shame you have to sell it.
Thanks mate! I agree with you 100% on the people here and the remorse about having to sell it. How's Australia this time of year?

·
Registered
296 Posts
John Taffin, probably THE gun writer of this generation, estimated that only 5% of the Original Size VAQUEROS came in 7.5 inch barrel length...and only 44and 45 calibers in that length...no 357s. ALSO, the Original Size VAQUEROS are getting scarcer and the price is going up.

I'm always looking for 357 and 44 VAQUEROS in 5.5 or 7.5 inch lengths. They don't eat; I enjoy them; AND they will appreciate slowly in price.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I wouldn`t sell my 7 1/2 for anything. Its the sweetest shooting gun I ever held in my hand. The length of the barrel holds the recoil to a minimum. Both of my teenage daughters like to shoot it more then the 9mm. It`s in NH right now getting a refit. :(
To answer the question most I have seen online go for around 500.00

TXWheelgunner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts