Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put in an order for a New Vaquero, .357 today.

Anyway, always disliked the black plastic that came on them, and they felt kinda thin, so was looking to order new grips. However, I don't really care for the medallions that come on the Ruger rosewood grips. I found the supplier that makes aftermarket rosewood ones, and I can order them without the medallions for about 10 dollars more. I was wondering how hard those medallions are to remove? Are they stickers, or actual medallions that are recessed into the grip?

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
All I have seen are recessed into the grip. BTW, I ordered some from Ruger, but they didn't fit very well so I sent them back. I'm still looking, too.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Put in an order for a New Vaquero, .357 today.

Anyway, always disliked the black plastic that came on them, and they felt kinda thin, so was looking to order new grips.
Stag grip panels look really great on single actions.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks scattershot! That's the info I was looking for. I'll give some cheapo ones I found a shot, and I'll let you know how they do.

I was looking more at these guys - Never cared for stag or pearl myself, but those are an excellent example James.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Thanks scattershot! That's the info I was looking for. I'll give some cheapo ones I found a shot, and I'll let you know how they do.

I was looking more at these guys - Never cared for stag or pearl myself, but those are an excellent example James.

They are quite nice..... :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts