Ruger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a lighter Hammer Spring and trigger spring. Now that I've put it back together, the hammer won't pull back when pointed down but does when pointed up or on its side. It looks like the transfer bar is jamming on he firing pin not allowing it to rise all the way and thus not letting the hammer pull back. Something must have gotten out of alignment or dropped out of place. Any suggestions!

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
Install the basepin/mainpin properly and your revolver will return to normal. The little nipple on the end of the basepin is what sustains the transfer bar to the rear, if the basepin is not installed, or not properly installed, the transfer bar floats freely and can hang on the firing pin.

Very common mistake - very simple fix. Just finish putting the gun back together (i.e. put in the basepin!)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I did get it back together right. That base pin dropped out on its own and I wasn't aware of how it all fit together. With a little finagling, I could feel the tension, figured that's how it's supposed to be and got the pin back in right. I'm good to go now. Thanks for your help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts