Ruger Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,907 Posts
The lock elimination transition began in 2010 when the serial prefix changed to 512 on the New Vaquero.

The lock is easily removed and replaced with a $2 part if you're interested.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Uses the bearcat mainspring seat. Right? I know my later model has a seat like my super. The older ones have the lock and the regular seat won't work as it too short.

·
Banned
1,907 Posts
Uses the bearcat mainspring seat. Right? I know my later model has a seat like my super. The older ones have the lock and the regular seat won't work as it too short.
Well I guess word got out.
I used to make titanium lock bypass seats for sale:

Then one day in 2007 I figured out that Ruger makes one! My Bearcat spring seat is the longest seat made for the Ruger single actions, go figure!! And it just bridges the gap in the grip frames with internal lock! So I starting using those. The beauty of it is that the temporary pin holding the spring compressed, sits in the groove in the top of the Bearcat seat and the bottom end of the strut goes thru the seat just like it would in the lock. Don't have to dismount the spring from the strut. In fact you don’t even need to remove the grip frame! Just place the Bearcat seat on the strut below the spring and pin, and insert together into the grip frame and onto the two shelves. Now cock the hammer, remove the spring retaining pin and drop the hammer.

Jim

·
Registered
3 Posts
Still sale the bypass?

Well I guess word got out.
I used to make titanium lock bypass seats for sale:

Then one day in 2007 I figured out that Ruger makes one! My Bearcat spring seat is the longest seat made for the Ruger single actions, go figure!! And it just bridges the gap in the grip frames with internal lock! So I starting using those. The beauty of it is that the temporary pin holding the spring compressed, sits in the groove in the top of the Bearcat seat and the bottom end of the strut goes thru the seat just like it would in the lock. Don't have to dismount the spring from the strut. In fact you don’t even need to remove the grip frame! Just place the Bearcat seat on the strut below the spring and pin, and insert together into the grip frame and onto the two shelves. Now cock the hammer, remove the spring retaining pin and drop the hammer.

Jim
Still sell the bypasses? Where and how much?
Thank you.

·
Banned
1,907 Posts
Try Ruger, their shipping cost is a lot less anyway. Sometimes they'll just send a small part like that free.

For revolver parts:

Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.
Customer Service Department
411 Sunapee Street
Newport, NH 03773
(Monday through Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm EST)
Telephone: 603-865-2442
Fax: 603-863-6165

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.