Ruger Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
I like original vaquero's better than the new vaquero. Both are great gun's.
I have a 5.5 inch original vaquero in 45 colt, color cased and blued.
It's Bisley grip frame make recoil easy on the hand's!

·
Registered
213 Posts
My range had a case-hardened NM Vaquero, lightly used, in .45 Colt. I had already bought my gun for the year, but at $399 I was mightily tempted.

If I were to buy another SA gun, it would be case-hardened. Ruger did a good job with it.

Plowhandle grips work spooky well for me. Try the test bgavin suggests.
$399 and it would go home with me. Not much more attractive than a case hardened SA sticking out of one of those Mernikle high riding holsters. And it you are not wearing it you can just store in in a display case on the wall.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Bought an "Old Model" case-hardened frame 44mag Vaquero from a co-worker last year. Fell in love with it, with my 44 special handloads. Followed it with a 44spl "new" Vaquero Sheriff's Model from a forum member. Each shoots POA, same ammo. Will never sell them, never, ever. They shoot like my 22 Single Six and Wrangler. Point, hit where it aims. I love my cowboy guns.

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
BTW that's cased colored, not case hardened. Two different processes. Just an FYI. Also, I've never seen/heard about an Old Model Vaquero either. :) As far as I know they have never been built... I did hear about a custom converted Old Model to a fixed sighted revolver though. :) . There are however plenty of large frame original Vaqueros and medium framed New Vaqueros... both New Models. So it goes.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Noted. Wrong choice of description words. Either way, I have a couple of very nice 44 Vaqueros.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts