Ruger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Forum,

Does anyone have any info on options for any in-vehicle handgun storage? I recently purchased a 2015 Chevy Silverado and I have ample room to mount or store in the cab. Where I live, we have been having a rash of vehicle break-ins and I would like to make sure that my handgun doesn't decide to walk off.

I use my Glock 27 as my truck gun due to its conceal-ability. It is normally in the center console, but not locked up. I would like an option that I can leave in the truck all the time instead of taking it out each night.

Any info would be great. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
188 Posts
just get a little tiny lock box with a security tether on it, and throw it in there when you arent using it. other than that theres some other fancy lock boxes for trucks. google.

·
Super Moderator
21,680 Posts
I have the below console safe in my Chevy 1 ton. It fits in the console under the center seat and you can still close and lock the console over it if you wish. It's metal and easily screws in place and has the same contour as the console itself. I got the version with the 4 number combo safe. There is enough room for several items. You can still flip down the behind the seat console and use that for other items you don't need to lock up.

http://www.mobilesecurityplusstore.com/Console_Safe_2007_to_2013_Silverado_Sierra_p/ld2014.htm

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I just use the lower, locking center console compartment in my '14 Silverado. Locked console, locked doors--call it good.

·
Registered
504 Posts
My P90 is in a Remora holster kept in the center console.
Locked when the vehicle is locked.
I do take it with me at the end of the day.
Pocket carry a LCR .38 also.

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
just get a little tiny lock box with a security tether on it, and throw it in there when you arent using it. other than that theres some other fancy lock boxes for trucks. google.
These are combination safes designed for air travel, vehicle mount or can be secured with a cable lock. They are not bullet proof, just something to keep an honest man honest.

The Perfect In-Car Gun Safe

Larger more sophisticated model of the gun vault.

GunVault Bio Pistol Safe

I use a Bulldog brand of one of the tethered key lock models & it works well.

OP, you are right to be concerned, it is a big problem & a major cause of most auto break-in.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I also just use a small lock box with a tether in my jeep you could also go to Walmart and get a relatively sturdy safe for about $50 and bolt it to the floor of your truck I do that in my Dodge I see you're in Southhaven I used to live in Hernando before I moved to Biloxi tell my friends at guns and ammo hi and have a burrito at Mi pueblos for me

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I also just use a small lock box with a tether in my jeep you could also go to Walmart and get a relatively sturdy safe for about $50 and bolt it to the floor of your truck I do that in my Dodge I see you're in Southhaven I used to live in Hernando before I moved to Biloxi tell my friends at guns and ammo hi and have a burrito at Mi pueblos for me

For your Jeep, look at the underwear drawers available from Quadratec. Have several, along with a Tuffy console.

Jeff

·
Registered
186 Posts
Now I am interested in getting a lockbox. What exactly are you tethering it too? I would imagine even a tethered lockbox in the open would pique the interest of a crook.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Duluth Trading Company has an auto safe on clearance at half price.
From the description: "Fits cell phones, wallets and most sub-compact handguns (compact handguns fit if plastic tray is removed)."

Mobile Safe

1 - 14 of 14 Posts