Ruger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning, all.

I am contemplating purchasing an Alaskan 2.5 inch, and would like to purchase a couple of holsters for it. OWB will likely be from Simply Rugged, a chest rig from Diamond D, probably, but I'd really like to have a vertical shoulder holster, as well. I am having little luck locating a quality leather vertical rig, however, and I am hoping you good people might be able to offer suggestions.

Thank you much.
Aaron

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
If you're looking at a Simply Rugged holster you may want to consider the chesty rig he offers. It really isn't for conceal carry, but works as advertised. It holds the gun more in the middle of your body versus under your arm. One could conceal under a heavy coat I suppose. Just a thought.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Alessi makes vertical shoulder holsters. They are not cheap but they are well made. I have had mine for 40 years..........robin

·
Registered
971 Posts
West Virginian,
Don't know if you received the private message I sent earlier, but I have a new, never worn, Simply Rugged, right handed, pancake holster and Chesty Puller rig. Make a reasonable offer and it's yours. I will send photos, if interested.
John

·
Registered
240 Posts
Check out Trailmaster holsters. They're awesome.

From another thread

Here is a rig by Trailmaster, It has a full size Redhawk holster in the picture but I also have an Alaskan holster that I can switch out. He designs and makes all his holsters. He is a back packer and this design his been proven on his trips into the mountains for a week or so at a time. You can find him on facebook under Trailmaster and many of his holsters are shown there.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you much, Hawken. Just checked their site but the model codes they use have me baffled lol. Called and left a message asking if they make for the Alaskan and, if so, what code is to be used.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts