Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey fellas, just thought I would share my SR1911. I keep hearing all these horror stories of people waiting so long to get one. I obtained mine in only 8 days by ordering it online and picking it up at my local sports and outdoor. I didn't realize the SR1911 was so scarce! I'm almost tempted to not even mention how quickly I obtained mine in Houston. I live in Spring,Tx which is still basically Houston. So this is exactly how I obtained mine. I was in the market for a Colt 1911 and decided to start with my local Academy sports and outdoor store, online that is. They have way more selection online than their storefronts for sure. I did manage to find a Colt 1911 but as I was scrolling down, I came across the SR. But this was no ordinary SR1911. It is a VERY VERY limited edition model. Anyway I tried to do some type of research on the SR and the only other "Limited " edition models I could find were Talo models and The Infamous "1 of 100" model on Youtube. So when I finally realized what I was looking at, I froze in disbelief! I waited no further and began the process of calling the 1-800 number on the website! Long story short, I ended up with a 1 of only 10 Limited Edition model and I got it in only 8 days from the time I picked up the phone to the time I picked it up at the store! It didn't really hit me what I had purchased until I picked it up. I was greeted by about 10 Firearms Department employees of which only 3 were in work uniform and the others had gone up there on their day off just to see what it looked like and who was the idiot that paid that much money for it! of course you had all the oohs and aahs but this is no safequeen by any means! Shoots like a dream! and the word Accurate is not a big enough word. Guess I lucked out! Here is my youtube video link of what it looks like. WATCH IN HD TO SEE DETAILS!!

"1 of 10" RUGER LIMITED EDITION .45 SR1911 - YouTube

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
That's a beautiful gun. You are very fortunate to own it.

Oh, and welcome to the forum! I hope we hear a lot more from you!

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Welcome from Australia mate.
Glad to have you on board, nice folk here and lots of good info.
1 of 10 by whom?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts