Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a good way to start the year! I have already found a must have revolver. Take a look at this new Lipsey's Special....

Attachments

·
One Star
9,735 Posts
Sweet very nice SP 101.

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
Wow that is a real looker half lug SP101 so is that a 3 or 4 inch barrel. I can see why the OP is interested in this SP101. Looking forward to seeing more pictures & a shooting report!!

·
Super Moderator
4,062 Posts
I came late to the SP101 party. I bought one a year or so ago simply because it was on sale for $349. At that price I couldn't pass it up. Since then I've come to really appreciate these fine revolvers. I was always a big fan of my J-frame but I have to admit I think I like the SP101 better. Yes, it's heavier but I carry my 3" in a quality OWB holster and it literally disappears on my hip. It's not great for pocket carry but in a holster it carries as well as my Sig P938.

The one pictured in this thread is a good looking pistol. I'm not at the must have stage, yet, but I'm certainly in the very interested stage.

·
Super Moderator
21,354 Posts
They are a great little revolver. Come on EVCMatt lets get after it. :);)

·
Premium Member
2,715 Posts
That's a beauty! I have the 2-1/4" DAO. I sure would like an adjustable rear sight on mine.

·
Premium Member
2,715 Posts
I can't tell from the pic. Is it blued or stainless?
I believe it's polished stainless looking at the barrel. The back of the receiver is in the shadows giving it a blue look. Either way she's a purdy piece.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Actually, I looked it up and I'm pretty sure it is blued steel, and that would be my only problem with it. Everything else is superb.

·
Super Moderator
4,062 Posts
I'm glad y'all couldn't figure out the finish either. I was confused but tended to think it was blued. So, to recap: blue, half lug, nice grips. I like it. A lot.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Not a good way to start the year! I have already found a must have revolver. Take a look at this new Lipsey's Special....
Beautiful gun .. I really love the little half lug design. very sexy. Like the ruger grip inserts and the frame coloring too. Nice score

·
Premium Member
2,715 Posts
Blued...ugh. Well that's a letdown. It's still a beauty.

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
Blued or stainless steel either one I would be fine with. But for clean up after a shooting session I much prefer stainless especially if I am shooting hard cast lead bullets.

·
Viceroy 🟩🟩🟩
2,967 Posts
I’m not finding it on the Lipsey’s site. Or maybe I’m not looking hard enough.

What is this... some sort of Shot Show 2020 new release?

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
They just posted about it yesterday. I don't think they have a picture up on their website. I saw it on a FB post and stole the picture. Now I need to get one for real. I am glad it is blued because then if they release it in SS, I will have an excuse to get on of those as a field gun.

I am thinking some stag inserts would go good with this.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts