Ruger Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
I like blued guns. That is one nice looking gun. If I wasn't so happy with my 4 inch police service six I would on it.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I went from Done Buying to enthusiastic wait for the call from the local dealer that the Lipsey’s Exclusive has arrived! Ordered a week ago.
I have 101 snub, three inch fixed sight and four inch/ adjustable.
The three inch a favorite- except for the fixed sight, which is not adequately accurate.
My first Center fire handguns were Ruger Security Six snub with adjustable sights and Smith 686- I grew accustomed to high standard of accuracy available with adjustable sights.
So intent on adjustable sights, I had a Smith 60 three inch/ adjustable sight for a short time.
Fine firearm but when compared side by side-the 101 was more desirable.
The finish on my Smith 60 was not really more appealing. And of course the rugged 101 attributes. Trigger characteristics similar- the supposed superiority of the Smith absent.The 101 sight picture through the top strap, a well defined straight cornered view was as effective as the Smith rear sight.
I was about to ship the 101 to a gunsmith for adjustable sight work.......

·
Registered
315 Posts
I'm waiting till an SP101 pops up in my price range on the used market- or a security 6.

They're around for sale, but often just a little out of price reach... Maybe I need to trade in something else... I'm getting low on trade-ins though because I have gotten rid of most of what I don't shoot or at least what I rarely shoot that is worth trading in. Stuff like a Smith and Wesson Body Guard .380 with laser would probably only bring $75-100 end even though I have a P238, I can't see getting rid of a gun for such little money. And I do shoot the bodyguard too... it's currently the smallest concealed carry option I have

·
Registered
187 Posts
Thank you Pine Worker.
Yes, I recall many instances of long period of time between a model announcement and actually seeing the product.
I usually just wait.
The only other time I ordered immediately upon notice of new product was the Lipsey’s Flat Top .44 Special. I quickly ordered and Quickly received one of the original batch of 1,000.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts