Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
The dogs had more class, intelligence, and style than these sleazebags...I'm glad he's gone from the sports scene...no role model at all...

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
[:0]What's wrong with you guy's[?] The man said he didn't know anything about it!;):D:D:D

·
Premium Member
2,905 Posts
quote:Originally posted by kansas45

[:0]What's wrong with you guy's[?] The man said he didn't know anything about it!;):D:D:D
Yeah...he's just another poor, innocent victim of the system. What is it about professional athletes? They have opportunities none of us will ever enjoy and somehow a lot of them manage to screw it up. DUIs, drug busts and now dog fighting? There seems to be a lot of speculation that he may only get 12-18 months and then be available to play football again. Who the Hell would want him? He just isn't that great a quarterback. If he does get off easy, I hope the NFL bans him from football permanently. We don't need any more athletes setting bad examples for our kids and grandkids.:(

·
Registered
714 Posts
Let me state up front that I am not a fan of any of the big organized sports activities. Not at all. All that hype about all that money being paid for players dont improve my opinion one bit.

As for this Vick person, it is my not so humble opinion that he do what prison time he will be sentenced to, plus, he NEVER EVER be allowed to enter professional sports for the rest of his life.

Even so, I wished there was some way to pass on the pain and suffering he caused/particpated in on the dogs to himself.

When it comes to punishing the scum that harm/torture innocent creatures then I have no mercy. NONE! :(

·
Registered
693 Posts
Well, I hate animal cruelty, but sometimes it's not what you think it is after reading twisted articles. Look at this story how it's been told: http://www.cbs46.com/news/13899018/detail.html#

Now think for a minute. This kind was especially breed by HUMANS to fight and kill... a man. Was working with dogs, know for sure that nobody if he isn't crazy will mess with pitbulls. They are faster than a bullet and very strong to even finish you off in a few seconds. And they very territorial too, so intruder beware.

Questions to this story:
- If the dog was really chained, who would unchain it, stab and flee unharmed? A Batman?
- If the dog was really chained, who would put 1 yo puppy to the chain? Puppies usually live in a house. They may look grown up, but enter adulthood in 2 years.
- If neither is right, who left on the front yard a potentially dangerous dog unleashed overnight?

From the position of the knife on a picture I'm gonna tell you with 80% of accuracy that the dog was blindly stabbed on a middle of jump to the man's throat (approx. 4-5 feet over the ground and 2.5 feet away). We don't know why and how this incident happened but I'm pretty sure - dog's owner is the ONE responsible for that! People suppose to take care of their pets, especially the kind working as a gun firing without you pulling a trigger. Wondering why nobody looked from this prospective before.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I agree that it was probably a defensive action...what kind of fool would attack a pit with a knife for any other reason, but this Vick prick ain't one of those, blade, he's a money-hungry asshole with a cruel heart who'll mistreat, torture, and kill animals without a reason...and would probably do the same to people for profit...and had no balls to confess like a man, but let others go down alone...now, with the proof shoved down his throat, he's Mr. Contrite...no-he needs to lose his wealth and influence and have some time to remember his values...and start over at being a useful human being. It takes no kind of man to be cruel to an animal...we have power over them...sometimes they need killing, but not in a cruel and torturous manner...this boy has nowhere to hide...he's no better than the kid who sets a cat on fire...

·
Registered
693 Posts
Right, Sheepdog, but... who is paying for dogfights, and who is breeding and raising battle dogs? You know, without customers there is no market and vice versa! That's the point. This guy is may be a big a$$ by the way it is presented, but I think we can barely see just a tip of an iceberg.

UPD: CNN just released another article: http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/08/23/dog.fighting/index.html
...In some shelters, as many as 60 percent of dogs are pit bull mixes. More than 90 percent of pit bulls in shelters -- fighters or not -- end up euthanized, said Clifton, who has been researching animal shelters for more than three decades... - I bet that's a more-less accurate description of the real situation in the Country, where many more "vicks" are still free to practice dogfights and other animal cruelty actions.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Too bad for Vick the dog wasn't a Mexican, then Vick would be some kind of hero.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts