Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If this is not the right place, I'm sure the mods will move it along.
I've swapped all other powders, and now only use VV. Clean, easy to meter with my Redding powder measure. YMMV. But it's clean, accurate and easy to meter.
I use N110 for magnum, 3N37 for magnum lite & heavy special loads, and 9mm. And N32C for the Cowboy loads.

The US 2020 guide can be found here, for your downloading and personal use:

Other languages available here:
Material Bank - Vihtavuori

Stay safe and keep loading.

·
Registered
8,111 Posts
Thanks for sharing ... My biggest issue is finding it around me ...

Reactions: JohnR

·
Registered
22 Posts
There is also a mobile app
This is android link

·
Registered
12 Posts
Excellent powder. My 20vt shooting .11” with N-120 and my savage 10ml2 shoots one hole with N-110. The newer powders have a decoppering agent. I contacted them about temp sensitivity and was told they had excellent temp insensitivity.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I ordered a 4# and a 1# last week of the n320. I only fire 147s in 9mm and half the time I fire suppressed. I heard it was clean and one of the best loads for suppressed 9mm. I'm sure after the first batch I'll want to order more and they will be out of stock. lol

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good call All-American! I've no experience with the 320, but all the one's I have used, have lived up to the clean hype!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Good call All-American! I've no experience with the 320, but all the one's I have used, have lived up to the clean hype!
N320 is one of the favorite powders for 9mm Minor USPSA, IDPA and Steel Challenge competitors in both handguns and PCCs. It's main drawback, other than spotty availability, is the cost. It's about twice as expensive as any domestic powder.

A good, much lower cost direct replacement is Alient's Sport Pistol which is equally clean and cool burning making it ideal for coated bullets.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I run 3N37, N32C, & N110, handles all my handgun needs. Reloading is both my hobby & therapy, so what other's spend on annual green's fee, I order from Powder Valley...

·
Registered
265 Posts
I tested 50 rounds of Berry's 147gr RN with the n320 today. Best subsonic loads I've ever fired suppressed. I was worried about it cycling cause I went on the very low end... 3.2... and the min was 3.1. Everything was good.

Surprisingly they still had some in stock so I ordered another 5lbs. I tried to order a couple of the 4lbs jugs but they only let me order 1... 1 per day. lol Hopefully that is because things are scarce these days and not how it usually is.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Vv powders are made from cotton cellulose whereas wood is used here. Makes a better quality product, although more expensive too. N-550 shoots .2 in my 338 rcm. N-320 is very clean in my 45.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts