Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been cleaning out my father-in-laws garage and I came across an old dirty faded 10/22 magazine. The bottom is marked SR, has the black follower, takes a regular screw driver to take apart and the shell face has no markings.

I also have an older magazine which I think is slightly newer: The bottom is marked SR, has the black follower, takes a stardriver to take apart and is marked IH on the shell face.

Compared to a new magazine: The bottom is marked R, has a red follower, takes an allen wrinch to take apart and is marked 4 on the shell face plus has 10 SHOT written on magazine cap.

Anyone familiar with the old magazines? It was loaded with 10 rounds and I took it apart and cleaned it because it was full of dirt, dust and spiderwebs. It seems to function just like a new one.

I may not be able to respond to replies right away but promice I will in a few days.

·
Registered
556 Posts
My oldest mags are marked SR on the bottom, black followers, allen screw, and no markings on the shell face. These would have been bought in the mid 80's most likely, but could date back to the mid 70's.

One is newer, SR on the bottom, has a black follower, 10 shot marked on the cap, and the screw looks a bit different. This one would be a mid 90's I think.

I also have one new one with the red follower.

They all work the same for me.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My oldest mags are marked SR on the bottom, black followers, allen screw, and no markings on the shell face. These would have been bought in the mid 80's most likely, but could date back to the mid 70's.

One is newer, SR on the bottom, has a black follower, 10 shot marked on the cap, and the screw looks a bit different. This one would be a mid 90's I think.

I also have one new one with the red follower.

They all work the same for me.
I'm thinking the oldest one I have came with the rifle which was bought in 1966. I also have the rifle.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Nice!

My oldest ones came with my older brothers 10/22 and I cant remember when he got it. I know he had it by the mid 80's but it could have been as early as '74-'75. Next time I get a chance I'll check his serial number.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts