Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey ihave a big interest in old 22lr firearms im currently trying to find a nice one to shoot for fun at the range and maybe hunt with,i was hoping you guys might put some pics of yours up here,semi autos,pumps, levers or bolt guns welcome!!:D

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone got any nice oldies?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
love those lever actions,the first 22 i ever fired was a henry lever action,how old would those rifles be? what makes and models are they?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Top pic Kimber 82G
Middle pic are all Browning 22lr
Bottom pic High Standards
I did delete a pic as the top 2 or 3 rifles were centerfire

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
really nice collection ,i like the look of the kimber alot.its hard to find nice old guns here as not so many people have guns and any old ones you see in shops are usually in poor condition,so you really have to look hard for a goon old gun

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
Don't have a pic to post right now but my very first gun was a Winchester model 62A pump 22 in 1948. They have become really collectable for guys like me that would like to have a "reminder"...I looked and looked for a number of years to try and find a really nice one that had not been butchered or "refinished or reblued"...Found one about 2 years ago....it's a really nice one and sits proudly in my safe with all it's newer brothers...I don't shoot it...just wipe it down now and then and recall the days of an 11 year old kid terrorizing all the rabbits and ground squirrels near my home in Colorado. If I can get a pic I'll post it.

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
Here's a couple from my collection.

Top is a '62 vintage Marlin 39A, one of the greatest 22s ever made.
Below it is my '65 vintage, five digit serial number 10/22 carbine.

Love them both.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nice lever actions,opos ilook forward to seeing the pics if you can get one:)

·
Registered
947 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i love these old guns,nice wood proper metal and good finishes on them,more of ye guys must have interesting old pieces

·
Registered
567 Posts
I have some vintage .22s:

Pre-'68 (no serial #) Marlin Glenfield:

Winchester Model 1904, between 1919 -1922 (no serial #)

Not a .22 LR, but a .22 WRF made in 1898. This was the first gun I shot.

I also have a Ruger Standard pistol made in 1963.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hick those guns are cool my favorite is the pump gun!:D

·
Registered
567 Posts
I recently added a Henry .22 LR lever action to my collection. It is not vintage, but sure is a nice gun!

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
Nice lookin' 39A. What scope is on it?
That's actually a red dot, an old, discontinued Leupold Gilmore with a 2MOA target dot. Love it because it's not much bigger than a peep sight and it doesn't change the balance or feel of the gun. These old eyes really appreciate that oh so easy to see red dot, though. Found it sitting in a pawn shop, so decided to give it a new home.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
That's actually a red dot, an old, discontinued Leupold Gilmore with a 2MOA target dot. Love it because it's not much bigger than a peep sight and it doesn't change the balance or feel of the gun. These old eyes really appreciate that oh so easy to see red dot, though. Found it sitting in a pawn shop, so decided to give it a new home.
I love red-dots. I have an Aimpoint on a 10/22 and an Eotech on an AR15. What I've found is they are not super accurate but you can get on target really fast.:)

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I recently added a Henry .22 LR lever action to my collection. It is not vintage, but sure is a nice gun!
I almost bought one of those the other night- it was a tough decision between that and a ruger 10/22, but ultimately the 10/22 won out because of aftermarket goodies available.

Why I liked the Henry? It fit me very well and reminded me of the Ithaca 49 I used to have, it was also much better made in the fit and finish department than the ruger. I might go back and buy one.

My current oldest .22 is a Mossberg 144LSB target rifle. Its not more than 40 years old, but its kind of unique and a great shooter. I kind of have a soft spot for old mossberg rifles.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts