Ruger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Liberty or Death
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heartbreaking scene as a Loving husband sings to his dying wife their courtship song. It was shared on Facebook by a family member. Although very touching, I don't think I would want my business shared with the world if I were in the husband's shoes. There is a time for privacy and when your wife has little time, that is one of them. I won't post the link, but if you are interested in seeing it it is all over the interwebs.

·
Banned
2,657 Posts
Social media has pretty much destroyed privacy and common decency. Hell, a toddler can't even crap their pants in their own home without the parents feeling the need to Tweet about it or hashtag it.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Heartbreaking scene as a Loving husband sings to his dying wife their courtship song. It was shared on Facebook by a family member. Although very touching, I don't think I would want my business shared with the world if I were in the husband's shoes. There is a time for privacy and when your wife has little time, that is one of them. I won't post the link, but if you are interested in seeing it it is all over the interwebs.
If I am not mistaken, this story, with video, was on the news recently. The wife was in hospice but went home for her final days...

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Social media at it's sorriest.....

·
Banned
2,566 Posts
You can't just blame social media for this, the video did not get there all by itself.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
what needs to be private is now everywhere. reminds me of one of my favorite songs. the lyrics go like this: uninvited to my fantasy, just get the f--- out of my legacy.
social media is a scourge.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
I got absolutely no interest in social media...we just putter along with e mails now and then. Our Grandkids, God love them, don't reply to phone calls or e mails...if you don't do the twitter or tweet or facebook thing you just don't get involved...we were upset with it for a while and then realized that is "their reality" these days.

When one of our Great Grandkids was born we were all together and the Mom (our oldest Grandaughter) pulled out "the book"...I grew up in farming country and delivered plenty of calves and other baby animals but I got no desire to see the "on the spot" delivery of a kid...didn't see mine born (in the 50's the fathers all sat in the waiting room). She said she was going to go through and post some of the pictures on the internet for her friends to see..

What a depressing thought...open the message and there it is in all it's messy glory....Some things are just better left un presented.

·
Banned
9,381 Posts
I didn't watch it, and wont. Ive watched a couple loved ones pass while holding their hand. Its NOT something that should be shared. And I certainly wouldn't want reminded of it with a video. What the hell is wrong with people?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I thought the video was really touching. Beautiful thing to see. Two people shared their lives together and going out well. hope my wife and I can do the same.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I am right in the middle of the Facebook generation. I think it got popular with college kids and couple years before I got there. I had a page, don't now. I now try to make sure I tell my sister not to put whatever picture was taken of me on Facebook. I can't believe someone felt it necessary to film that moment (didn't see it, don't want to see it), let alone put it on the internet.

·
Royal Emissary
1,083 Posts
Social media has pretty much destroyed privacy and common decency. Hell, a toddler can't even crap their pants in their own home without the parents feeling the need to Tweet about it or hashtag it.
They would video the faces he made while doing it and laugh at him and post it.:(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts