Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
It is critically important that all law abiding residents of Virginia push back against this power grab. This is just the tip of the iceberg since our governor is one of Bloomberg's puppets. If they get away with this unchallenged other rights are sure to follow. Please comment on the above noted link.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
just commented, thanks for posting the info to get there and get it done.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I have entered my comment. And even though I'm not living in Virginia, I still entered my thoughts in support of the people there. I hope that's okay with you.

If the governor there doesn't take the hint, the people are trying to send him, then I say it's time to get rid of Mr. Governor, and get a new one.

The rights of the people to defend themselves MUST be left intact. No Compromise!

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
yes, and unfortunately here (Va) too the lemmings have spoken and elected a liberal behind to blindly follow by scent... the smell of fear.

·
Liberty or Death
2,569 Posts
Your Virginia Governor must be sorry a damn dumpocraprat!!! Impeach the jerk!!!
Our Governor, Terry McAuliffe (we call him Gov. McAwful) is indeed a Dem and a huge lib. He was Chairman of the DNC when Slick Willy was President. The only reason he won the election was because of the Gift-Gate scandal from our last Governor, Bob McDonnell, a Republican. I firmly believe our next Governor will be Republican since both houses of our Legislature are now controlled by Republicans. Our last elections were very telling with some hotly contested open seats going to Republicans.

That said, I sent in my comment.

·
Banned
365 Posts
Added my comment also.

Sad to see government leaders resort to "brutal dictator like" tactics in a democracy to shove their agenda down the throats of the governed. America has seen that before, prior to the American Revolutionary War. Perhaps we need another "Revolutionary War", this time using the ballot box and recall petitions.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Our governor is a Bloomberg lackey. Unfortunately it was between him and a known felon in the election so guess who won.

·
Liberty or Death
2,569 Posts
Too little too late. Should have elected Cuccinelli when you had the chance. He got no support at all from the GOP
Cuccinelli had a tough road to win this election. As Attorney General, he had to recuse himself from the prosecution of Gov. McDonnell because of his possible implication in the scandal and was trying to distance as much as he could from that but couldn't.

The party couldn't give Cuccinelli cover without being discredited. After the election, he was basically blacklisted. This was an ugly time in Virginia politics and Giftgate allowed a serpent to be elected Governor of our Commonwealth.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
I vacation there every year for the month of Sept. I can't recall much about him being tied to McDonnell? I could be wrong tho

·
Exalted One
1,814 Posts
Cuccinelli had a tough road to win this election. As Attorney General, he had to recuse himself from the prosecution of Gov. McDonnell because of his possible implication in the scandal and was trying to distance as much as he could from that but couldn't.

The party couldn't give Cuccinelli cover without being discredited. After the election, he was basically blacklisted. This was an ugly time in Virginia politics and Giftgate allowed a serpent to be elected Governor of our Commonwealth.
Cuccinelli was basically blacklisted by the GOP before the election - he was too conservative for them and rather than back a conservative, the GOP just chose to give up the state to McAwful. Even still, McAwful won by 55,200 votes (2.5%), with a libertarian candidate of questionable creds getting 145,762 votes (6.6%).

I think a fair amount of backlash to all of this helped contribute to ousting Cantor and replacing him with a staunch conservative (Dave Brat) the following year - despite the monumental funds Cantor spent.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think the governor of Virginia should be nominated for the:

"ISIS Meritorious Service Medal"

Nothing like helping our enemies by trying to confiscate the citizens weapons.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts