Ruger Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced my old trigger group, hammer/sear, extractor and firing pin with all Volquartsen upgrades on my 22/45 Blacklite. Pre-upgrade I could use the following ammo without issue: CCI Mini-mag/CCI Velocitor/CCI Tactical, Aguila Interceptor/Aguila Super Maximum High Velocity/Aguila Super Extra, and Federal Bulk, and had problems with Remington Golden Bullet (Fail To Feed). Post upgrade I have have great results with all CCI and now Remington Golden Bullet is fine. I can no longer use any Aguila or Federal Bulk (Fail To Eject and Fail To Feed.) There are no Fail To Fire occurrences. These results were unexpected. I am speculating that the tighter tolerance of the ejector is why. Does anyone have any experience with this? Does anyone recommend other ammo (CCI is expensive). Has anyone polished their feed ramp or the end of the barrel where it meets the feed ramp? When I get a fail to feed it appears the angle of the brass is catching the barrel and the bolt stays open. Some can be pushed and others must be ejected. Btw this trigger is awesome, I love it. Thanks for any help.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts