Ruger Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lol, forst time installing anything on my pistol Ruger Mark IV 22/45 LITE
I didn't slowly release the pressure on the hammer as I should on the first step on installing the volquartsen accurizing kit, I just pressed the trigger, now, after assembly, the hammer just stays up. I can't put the pistol in safety.

Maybe... There is an easy solution?
Font Trigger Air gun Gun accessory Office supplies
Font Trigger Air gun Gun accessory Office supplies

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
When I am thinking about it I probably didn't even pulled the trigger to uncock the hammer (with an empty magazine in that case of course), I jumped over step 1 (step 4 in the written instructions here):
MK IV Accurizing Kit Installation | Volquartsen Firearms. That is more plausible(?)

So how could I fix my mistake if I jump over step 4 in installing Volquartsen accurizing kit?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the fast reply. Feel like a newbie question, but when I drop all the pins and the hammer is off again, where and how do I start over?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Ohio. Find a good youtube video on how to reassemble a MK IV 22/45 Lite watch it two or three times and go for it. Good luck.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Start with the sear spring and pin, then the sear and safety, finally the hammer. You want the hammer to be in the forward position as if the gun has been fired. It's easier to attach it that way. Once it's all together cock the hammer, fire it a few times to make sure everything is o.k.

Re watch the video from Volquartsen of YouTube a few times. That's how I learned.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for your welcoming,

Yeah I will try to reassemble until it gets right. I did however wonder if someone knew the right, correct steps if you forget to do step 1 in the video (which is step 4 in the instructions on volquartsen link and step 9 in the Ruger Mark IV instuction manual)

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I wouldn't worry about the step # in the different instructions. Just decide which one you want to go with and do it. I personally like videos as you can freeze a certain view if you want to or back it up and look at again. If you don't get it right the first time just take it apart and do it again and you will eventually get it correct. Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes okay,

I am still stuck. Thing is I am in the middle of the forest with little to no internet.

I did follow the video and the written instructions from the beginning, I just did not do step 4 in the written instructions from Volquartsen... Pretty sure that is why the hammer stays up and won't stay down until I press the trigger as it should be.

Someone else probably made the mistake I did?

I have tried to reassambly a couple of times, but the hammer still stays up, not sure where to change this yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts