Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new wood stock Mini 14 chambered in 556. The first 50 rounds were rough with lot's of FTF (I cleaned the gun when I got it) but after working the bolt for awhile, it cycles fine now. Thinking of putting a Vortex Sparc red dot on it, anyone have one? Also, are the rings provided with the rifle 1inch? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Congrats on the Mini im glad to hear that she has smoothed out for you I don't like hearing about failures as they are so uncommon to me I have owned several Mini's over the years and have only experienced issues with after market magazines . I have one ranch rifle that has over 3500 rounds with out a single issue ! Its a keeper !
As far as the Sparc goes I don't own one but had a strikefire on one of my Mini's and it was very sturdy and never lost zero . I've heard nothing but good reviews on the Sparc so I think given the build quality of the Strikefire's chances are its a good choice . I might also recommend the Bushnell TRS-25 I'm on my second one and a good inexpensive high quality red dot .

·
Banned
2,566 Posts
I used a Sparc on the Mini 14 Tactical for a while until I sold the rifle. Now the Sparc is on a SR556.

Good little red dot it is.

·
Registered
995 Posts
The Sparc is a great red dot. Your best bet would be to buy a railed handguard for the mini and mount the Sparc on it with the low mount that it comes with.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your replies, folks. My other thought would be a Burris Fast Fire. The rifle came with a rail so mounting shouldn't be a problem. I really like the gun, have broken it down for cleaning twice with no problem.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I have the Sparc and the Burris Fastfire III. I prefer the 2 MOA dot on the Sparc over the 3 MOA dot on the Fastfire for precise shooting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts