Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. New here. Just wanted some guidance on how to install my vortex venom on the pictanny rail on my ruger mark IV 22 lite. Was looking for videos but couldn’t really find one that did it from start to finish. Hope someone can help me.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Welcome to the forum from central Ohio. Mounting the Venom is pretty much straight forward. Loosen up the screw that opens up the clamp on the base of the sight until it will go over the Pictanny rail. Place the sight anywhere on the rail you want. Some people run them to the rear of the rail some people run them towards the front of the rail. It will work in either position. The location is more of a personal preference than anything. Tighten the screw until the sight is tight on the rail. Don't do Gorilla torque on the screw just nice and snug. Then go out and sight it in and enjoy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum from central Ohio. Mounting the Venom is pretty much straight forward. Loosen up the screw that opens up the clamp on the base of the sight until it will go over the Pictanny rail. Place the sight anywhere on the rail you want. Some people run them to the rear of the rail some people run them towards the front of the rail. It will work in either position. The location is more of a personal preference than anything. Tighten the screw until the sight is tight on the rail. Don't do Gorilla torque on the screw just nice and snug. Then go out and sight it in and enjoy.
You saved my life. I was out here thinking I needed some crazy mounting plates to be able to add the light. And it’s so simple. Thank the higher ups for forums and good people like yourself. Thank you very much.

·
Registered
854 Posts
About the only time you need a mounting plate is if you are mounting it on a slide that has a cutout for a red dot then you would mount the plate in the cutout and then mount the sight to the plate. Mounting a sight to a Pictanny rail is a piece of cake.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Sorry,Couldn't help, am also new here but i hope i could learn from this post!
Welcome to the forum from central Ohio. If you have a problem you can usually get help to solve it or in some cases the gun will have to go back to the company that made it. On this forum typically Ruger.

·
Premium Member
14,826 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Illinois!
Great question to ask before breaking something.........we have all done it before!

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Mount the Venom on the Picatinny rail adapter and then mount the Venom/rail adapter onto the Picatinny rail:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Or, if you wish to mount your Vortex Venom sight closer to the bore of your Ruger Mark IV 22/45 Lite pistol, you can remove the factory picatinny rail and forgo the picatinny mount that's included with the Venom optic and install a low profile optic mount to the receiver tube that the Venom optic can then be mounted directly to, like so:

The end result using a Lobos Industries low profile mount as seen above is that the optic is positioned .270" lower than if it were mounted to the factory picatinny rail using the picatinny mount included with the Vortex Venom red dot sight.

If interested, the cost of the Lobos Industries low profile mount shown above is $45.00 plus shipping...see this link...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts