Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I modified my carbine stock and now I am getting ready to put the final build together. I am going to tally the votes from this forum and RFC and the most popular set up will be built next week. The voting will be added up on Sunday and Monday I will post the people's choice and post the final build after it is completed. So please vote..... Thanks

A - Stainless all the way, Stainles barrel, Silver trigger guard trigger and mag release, silver anodized post in butt stock.

B - Black and blued, Blued barrel, black everything else and black post. (I know the pic is silver but the I will anodize a rod black)

Half and Half.... Stainless barrel, post trigger and mag release, Black receiver, and trigger guard.

Thank for voting.....

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Assuming an aluminum trigger group I would go with polished metal everywhere...clear hard-coat anodize the aluminum...

If you have a butt plate to fit that curve I would polish that too and since it's probably steel I would clear coat paint it...

I'd polish the SS barrel to mirror finish too...

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Ill have to go with B for that stock as well.

·
From Land of Fruit & Nuts
12,955 Posts
A. I like SS

·
To the Right of Reagan
570 Posts
I like the black and blued for a long gun. I saw a western once when I was a kid. An ambush was several hundred yards ahead, and a man on horse in the wagon train saw a flash of light on the hillside. It was the reflection from a stainless barrel.

I might change my mind someday, of course, but with you having all of the pictures up there to see at the same time, I like the black and blued version the most. If the stock were to be a lighter color, the stainless would really be sweet.

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
I vote for B with the dark wood.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
I would choose (B). But I prefer blued guns across the board, except of course for my Glocks. Both are rather attractive and either way, you win. Good Job!

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
I vote A. I also like SS.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This absolutely amazes me... over 500 people viewed this thread and only 14 people had opinion or suggetions. The voting from both forums has been interesting. At first the B's took off running... then over the last 24 Hrs, the A's have made a comeback. C's.... not so many as I expected. Right now the B's are in the lead by 1 vote. Sunday night I will tally them up and finish the build Tuesday and post it Tuesday night. Sorry, I am on duty Monday..... keep voting you other 400+....
And thanks for your votes and opinions.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I vote "B".

·
Registered
254 Posts
I can't really decide between A and B... I like them both a lot..

I wouldn't mind seeing what it would look like with a blued barrel with a silver trigger and receiver... That might make your decision even harder lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts