Ruger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
We are already seeing people having problems voting according to FOX News.
:mad:right on cue ! when the polls at our precinct opened at 7:00AM, the registration computers went down ! This is a liberal conspiracy to slow the voting down to the point where people had to leave for work without voting. NOTHING BUT A LIBERAL CONSPIRACY!!!:rolleyes:

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:mad:right on cue ! when the polls at our precinct opened at 7:00AM, the registration computers went down ! This is a liberal conspiracy to slow the voting down to the point where people had to leave for work without voting. NOTHING BUT A LIBERAL CONSPIRACY!!!:rolleyes:
Ditto

·
Super Moderator
21,667 Posts
Black Panther Party on station in Philadelphia intimidating voters but thats ok just don't ask for an ID.

·
Super Moderator
21,667 Posts
They had chairs for observers but I only saw one occupied. Didn't look like someone from the UN more likely the moon.:p The rest were probably at the bake sale outside the gymnasium.

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
voting

They had chairs for observers but I only saw one occupied. Didn't look like someone from the UN more likely the moon.:p The rest were probably at the bake sale outside the gymnasium.
The only "observer" we saw was a sweet old lady asking for church bakesale donations. I wonder if the "Poll Cops" in the cute blue helmets will arrest her?:rolleyes:

·
Banned
4,407 Posts
My precinct had two dead machines out of four. I know one of the polling workers, he said that would be enough, if the two kept working. A repairman was supposedly due to fix the dead ones this afternoon, at least.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My precinct had two dead machines out of four. I know one of the polling workers, he said that would be enough, if the two kept working. A repairman was supposedly due to fix the dead ones this afternoon, at least.
How old are the machines?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I am not a raciest but it ticks me off to no end when I see or hear about a black person saying I'm voting for Obama because he's Black . Now one of the girls that works in our office said she heard the black people are going to riot if Obama don't win ... ?
What would happen if white people said were voting for Romney because he's white ? ?? We would all be marked as raciest's .
Should we riot??

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am not a raciest but it ticks me off to no end when I see or hear about a black person saying I'm voting for Obama because he's Black . Now one of the girls that works in our office said she heard the black people are going to riot if Obama don't win ... ?
What would happen if white people said were voting for Romney because he's white ? ?? We would all be marked as raciest's .
Should we riot??
Double standard.

·
Registered
12,990 Posts
I believe one of the states where they have some concerns is Colorado.

·
Registered
148 Posts
In Florida, the ballot had 11 state constitutional amendments on it. Then counties added things. Our county in Lee County FL, had 4 pages, both sides. That would not be so bad, but, there had to be scanners to run the ballot pages through. Well, when people tried to run a page, while the scanner was still scanning the one fed, it would jam. Our precinct had 2 scanners, but, most people still had to wait in line to get in, and then after filling out the ballot, wait in a line for the scanners. Lots of precincts here in the county only had one scanner. It only took me an hour. But I went in the middle of the day during a rain storm, so a lot of people had left the line outside. Took my wife 2 hours and she went at 7 when the polls opened. A friend of mine who lives on Sanibel Island, big island right on our coast, took him 4 hours in the middle of the day, and his wife who went in the evening, took her 5 to 6 hours. I have lived here for 19 years, and before this time, it has never taken me more than 30 minutes to vote, as have most people. Our supervisor of elections had a news conference today, pleading that turnout was so high, and her budget had been severely cut. But local news is reporting the turn out was down by almost 10% over 2008, when I voted in about 20 minutes. The SOE has been reelected for about 16 years in her position, and wont be up fr reelection for 2 years. But I ma betting she will not be reelected. There should have been at least twice as many to three times as many scanners at polling places. People are angry. In one large retirement area in North Ft Myers, a lot of older people had waits as long as 6 hours. We are not that big of a county to justify that. I dont think there was anything hanky panky about it. I just think it was incompetence, and poor planning.

·
Registered
294 Posts
A friend of mine who lives on Sanibel Island, big island right on our coast, took him 4 hours in the middle of the day, and his wife who went in the evening, took her 5 to 6 hours.
It takes a long time to do anything there. It is often faster to walk around than to drive.

·
Registered
148 Posts
No they are really upset.l Making people wait that ling is incompetence and in essence a poll tax. T IS WRONG! And an attempt at voter suppression.

And most days......as to your comment......no. People do business there every day. Otherwise we would not. That is it how works.

6 dollar toll to get on the island.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have been vacationing there for the last few years in February. Summer time we go to Cape May NJ but I guess not next year.

Thinking about moving to Cape Coral area in a few years.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts