Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got around to installing my Volquartsen trigger in my MKIII Target pistol last evening. I had the model VC2AK-TS with stainless trigger for a MKII and I also had the VQ hammer bushing. The install went well and I am more than impressed with the results. Nice crisp trigger @ 2lbs and no mag disconnect.

Now my question: I was about to order the same kit for my MKIII 22/45 model 10143. When looking at Rimfire's site, it said that it "will not work in MKIII". Is that because they are assuming that you want the mag disconn to work and aren't installing a bushing? Or, is there another reason?

I emailed Rimfire but haven't heard back yet. I know that you do not use the new sear spring in the 22/45.

Can anyone clear this up for me?

MKIII Target - Out with the old

·
Registered
947 Posts
The main difference in the two kits is in the hammers. The Mark II kits do not have the Mark III step notch cut into the right side of the hammer for the mag disconnect hook and spring. If you have a regular Mark II hammer bushing, and want to eliminate the mag safety disconnect, you can use the Mark II kit in a Mark III. The warning is there on RS&C to ensure someone who does not want to by-pass the mag safety is ordering the proper kit. Dimensionally, the Mark II and Mark III pistols are the same, therefore the earlier generation parts do fit and operate just as they would in the newer model pistols.

R,
Bullseye

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The main difference in the two kits is in the hammers. The Mark II kits do not have the Mark III step notch cut into the right side of the hammer for the mag disconnect hook and spring. If you have a regular Mark II hammer bushing, and want to eliminate the mag safety disconnect, you can use the Mark II kit in a Mark III. The warning is there on RS&C to ensure someone who does not want to by-pass the mag safety is ordering the proper kit. Dimensionally, the Mark II and Mark III pistols are the same, therefore the earlier generation parts do fit and operate just as they would in the newer model pistols.

R,
Bullseye
Thanks Bullseye. That is what I thought. I just got a reply from Rimfire Sports which I will quote here:

David,

It will work but you can't use the bolt release and the sear spring that
comes in the kit as the 22/45 has a different design for these parts than in
the MKIII target model.

Thanks,

Alan Hinchliffe
President
Rimfire Sports & Custom

I already knew the sear spring was different. So essentially I will be doing the same thing that I did to my MKIII last evening. I already have a VQ MKII hammer bushing and I really wasn't wild about the new bolt release anyway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts